Booz Allen Hamilton - Best employer to work for if you're looking for work-life balance and commitment to employee satisfaction | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Best employer to work for if you're looking for work-life balance and commitment to employee satisfaction"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Rockville, MD
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Rockville, MD

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They truly value work-life balance, and the well-being of their employees! I so much as sneezed, and they would send me home and ask that I rest to make sure I didn't get sick! They also really respect and value your time as a person, and will rarely ask you to work weekends or after hours except potentially during client deliverable periods or quick turnaround pursuits/proposal efforts.

Cons

There weren't many opportunities for cross-functional or cross-team collaboration. If you are interested in getting exposure to a variety of clients and project types, Booz may not be the best place. People are typically assigned to a single project or account team (e.g. the CMS market) and you rarely get to join projects outside of your team. It's great if you want to develop SME in a particular area (e.g. federal health policy, regulatory affairs), but not if you want a diverse set of experiences in terms of client interactions and engagements.

Advice to Management

Management is great! The only advice I would give is to maintain regular touchpoints with your staff and provide more assistance in finding them career opportunities and staffing.

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Great company"

Pros

- Professional colleagues that desire to excel
    - Good benefits, although that is changing rapidly
    - Employees are generally considered assets (consulting model)
    - Flexible assignments; transferring to other company locations is not discouraged

Cons

- Government work
    - Limited raise structure, best way to get a large raise is to leave and come back
    - Post-split with Booz & Co, there is a longer and longer path to Bonus level (Senior Associate and higher)
    - After Carlyse, it's a slow bleed to mediocrity.

2. "Grade: B"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to start our of college

Cons

Government work is slow, confined, and political

Advice to Management

Mid-level managers are awesome and progress junior staff... senior level are uninvolved