Booz Allen Hamilton - Most amazing work place I've been. Great salary, career growth and educational reimbursement. Flex place for moms | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Most amazing work place I've been. Great salary, career growth and educational reimbursement. Flex place for moms"

Current Employee - Project Manager in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Project Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- intelligent talented people
- competitive salary
- educational reimbursement
- flexible especially if you are a mom
- feedback and career development programs

Cons

- stay on top of things, they will keep you busy!

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"The upper management is the most chaotic I've ever seen."

Former Employee - Associate in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Associate in Dayton, OH

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is reasonable, but you must have negotiation skills..

Cons

The worst class based system I've ever worked for. Senior Associates and above are in charge and all other are just worker bees. Very cut-throat company they will use you for their advantages and discard you when you do not serve their purpose.

Advice to Management

You must protect your front-line troops. Being selfish and only focused on singular financial achievement will only be destructive to the unit as a whole. I could say more but it will fall on deaf ears as always, just remember this quote.
    "The path of the righteous is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men."

"Talent and attitudes of employees are poor"

Current Employee - Associate in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Associate in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I first started in 2011, my team and the company seemed decent. The projects were relatively interesting.

Cons

Pay is decent for a government contractor but not if you compare yourself to real consultants. That being said, you don't work the 60+ hrs/week consultants do so you can't really expect a consultant salary. People at BAH aren't very bright, which I think is fine so long as you don't try to convey yourself as experts in any particular topic. Unfortunately, to get ahead you do have to fib and convince your clients that you are talented and can solve their problems. The ones that are ambitious seem to have chips on their shoulder and/or napoleon complexes. They are all arrogant and think they're the cream of the crop. Yet most of them don't have the necessary technical skills you find at other companies. For example, the average BAH developer would never be able to get a job at Google and the average BAH business consultant would never get a job at McKinsey. Yet, the average BAH employee think they're better than everyone. This type of thinking makes for a tough work environment.

The work BAH is capturing these days is all over the place. Sometimes you get very challenging work like creating new metrics to evaluate gov programs. But sometimes you get remedial work like maintaining spreadsheets and dashboards.

Overall, I think the salary and work is decent. The people and their arrogant attitudes are what bring down the company. Management only cares about themselves and want for themselves to get promoted over helping their team out. The talent isn't all too great if you stack them up against other companies, yet they think they're the world's expert, for some odd reason.

Advice to Management

Nothing. If you want to continue to capture government work, then the average people you have working for you is fine. If you're going to try to branch out into the commercial sector, you'll need more talented people.

Management should also try to create an environment that emphasizes humility and modesty. Unfortunately, management is arrogant so I don't see that happening.