Booz Allen Hamilton - A great place to work | Glassdoor

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Herndon, VA

Pros

Work-life balance is excellent. Training opportunities are great. Benefits are excellent. Management seem to know how to manage the firm through down turns in the economy.

Cons

Assessment process doesn't seem fair. Promotion from Associate to Senior Associate is tough. Salary compensation doesn't seem to reflect level of education and years of experience.

Advice to Management

How employees are assessed needs further review. Expecting employees to play multiple roles is understandable but should not be used against them in assessments.

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

1. "Good place to work."

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

Pros

Opportunity for advancement and career growth.

Cons

May end up doing staff augmentation instead of true consulting in order to meet utilization targets

Advice to Management

Focus more on consulting than staff augmentation opportunities

2. "Incredible Veteran Support"

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

Pros

I'm posting this review to specifically address the incredible support I received from BAH during my current deployment to Iraq. Not only does the Salary Continuation Program pay me the difference between my Army base pay and my BAH salary, I also continued to accrue paid time off for the first six months of my deployment. Now that I'm getting ready to come home, the support from our HR management has been fantastic, already working on getting me right onto a new contract when I get back. For those still serving, I don't know another firm that is as committed to supporting their employees during their time overseas.

Cons

More pre-deployment counseling about how the process works, both going and coming back would have been very helpful. Getting the information about how I get reintegrated took me a few tries to get nailed down. Once I found the right person, everything was great.

Advice to Management

Keep up the incredible support. This is one employee whose loyalty to the firm has been solidified by this experience.