Booz Allen Hamilton - Solid company | Glassdoor

"Solid company"

Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smart people, quality work being done. Contributing to important missions within the government consulting field.

Cons

Hard to move around within the company. Work-life balance could be better. Employees willing to sacrifice their personal life and time probably would do great.

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Top heavy and male dominated"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time

Pros

You will not have pressure here if you are looking for a lackadaisical government job. It's the most non competitive consulting environment I've ever been in.

Cons

Top heavy--lots of Project Managers, but most don't know much about what they are managing. It is also a very male dominated boys club and work is slow. If you are looking to move up, you have to be a favorite, and competence isn't taken into consideration, hence you will most likely be training your 'manager'. I have not been impressed. Lack of leadership, and lots of insecurity and attitude because of competence levels. I honestly don't know where my 'manager' is most of the time, or what he 'manages', or if it even matters really. This is not a place to stay too long if you are trying to advance your career by utilizing/gaining actual professional competency. It's frustrating now that I can tell I have more experience than the people working above me. I wish I had researched more about the Atlanta BAH before I took this job. At orientation in DC they make you watch a video, where the CEO emphasizes 'we picked you'. Nice attitude...and actually you didn't, I picked you. I had other opportunities because I actually have technical skills. I will be peacing out very soon, I hope my work ethic and skill set had an opportunity to rub off on some of your 'leadership'.

Advice to Management

I don't really get the impression they want it, even about things I thought I was hired to do?

2. "Good Company to work for, fairly compensated."

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are opportunities to get into very interesting work with great people, and you can be compensated for that work fairly.

Cons

Lots of organization that can be difficult to work through. A lot of your experience is tied directly to your group within the organization. Can have very dramatically different experiences based on your group or delivery team.

Easy to get "stuck" on long running contracts/projects