Booz Allen Hamilton - Top heavy and male dominated | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Top heavy and male dominated"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time

Pros

You will not have pressure here if you are looking for a lackadaisical government job. It's the most non competitive consulting environment I've ever been in.

Cons

Top heavy--lots of Project Managers, but most don't know much about what they are managing. It is also a very male dominated boys club and work is slow. If you are looking to move up, you have to be a favorite, and competence isn't taken into consideration, hence you will most likely be training your 'manager'. I have not been impressed. Lack of leadership, and lots of insecurity and attitude because of competence levels. I honestly don't know where my 'manager' is most of the time, or what he 'manages', or if it even matters really. This is not a place to stay too long if you are trying to advance your career by utilizing/gaining actual professional competency. It's frustrating now that I can tell I have more experience than the people working above me. I wish I had researched more about the Atlanta BAH before I took this job. At orientation in DC they make you watch a video, where the CEO emphasizes 'we picked you'. Nice attitude...and actually you didn't, I picked you. I had other opportunities because I actually have technical skills. I will be peacing out very soon, I hope my work ethic and skill set had an opportunity to rub off on some of your 'leadership'.

Advice to Management

I don't really get the impression they want it, even about things I thought I was hired to do?

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

1. "Collaborative working environment"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Career managers care about your career first. Reach back to internal resources is ALWAYS available. Training is authorized by managers. Client satisfaction is the end goal. Very very professional staff. Love the culture. Moral is always high even when going through contract loss. VPs truly have an open door policy. Great company to work for!

Cons

Hard to break into industry/company.

Advice to Management

No advice. You truly care about the people/company and it really shows.

"Good, but there are better options out there."

Current Employee - Information Security Engineer in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Information Security Engineer in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid training, work/life/ balance and benefits, great place to start your career.

Cons

Compensation on the lower side for information security, internal politics, tough to find billable work (3 months to do so or you are out), may have to do a job not specifically aligned to your skill set.

Advice to Management

See where your employees really want to go with their careers and by all means, help make that happen. Don't make promises you cannot keep.