Booz Allen Hamilton - Worth your time | Glassdoor

"Worth your time"

Pros

Strong support of job mobility from project to project; leadership strives to keep you gainfully employed and working on billable projects, but the majority of the search is placed on the employee

Cons

In a transition from primarily defense contracting to a blend of commercial and defense contracting - add in the fact that defense budgets are being cut you end up with a challenging environment with confusion as to where the billable projects are

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Never shall return"

Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, typically worked less than 50 hours a week, many locations

Cons

Work can be pointless, didn't get to see nice polished products put into effect, management is more concerned about pleasing the client than actually delivering ideas that are useful/long lasting.

For strategy consulting at Booz, if you went to school for Political Science or International Relations, you may love it here. If you went to school for something where you plan to make immediate change/improvements or even changes within a few years- don't work here. The projects I have been on are laughable-- the American public would chastise the government even more if they knew they were funneling funds into crap like this.

I am leaving the firm and taking a huge pay cut, all voluntarily-- solely because I can't "fake it" and act like we are a bunch of experts on topics that don't really matter.

Advice to Management

To upper management- get out of "strategy consulting." The government will not be able to sustain our DoD and other agencies with scorns of contractors who are all experts in whatever.
    Stay in the IT field, but use the Booz Allen proprietary stuff and start trying to work with REAL organizations, such as publically traded or private companies. By REAL, I mean companies that have goals to meet- ie profit or sustaining their work force, not just continuously gaining new business with the ever failing government.

"Engineer"

Former Employee - Engineer in Linthicum, MD
    Former Employee - Engineer in Linthicum, MD

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got to work on cool projects in Aerospace Sector but the people I worked with made me hate my job everyday. Everyone has been there for way too long so it is impossible to relate. Got to work from home to save myself from dealing with the characters.

Cons

Worst place I have ever worked mainly due to the people. Senior levels only care about themselves. Everyone I worked with were Narcissists and full of themselves. Senior levels jump all over anything interesting leaving remedial type tasks to the new guy. Everyone is an "idiot" or "stupid" if you asked questions, accompanied with tons of trash talking behind people backs. Not a fun or collaborative environment. I could go on forever about the cons.

Advice to Management

Retire and go see a therapist.