Booz Allen Hamilton - Great Place to work | Glassdoor

"Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Lead Associate in Dulles, VA
Former Employee - Lead Associate in Dulles, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you like the government consulting space, booz allen is the right place to do it. They provide a great culture, competitive pay, and are invested in the growth of their employees. One thing that always amazed me is how they were so nimble for such a large organization. There are umpteen opportunities to advance your career through internal and external learning.

Cons

The two biggest problems I saw were a) There is really no career path for non-BizDev folks b) Promotions aren't completely merit based. This gets frustrating in the long run. Also, as the company has grown, it's become less personal. There were several strategic changes that alienated the employees.

Advice to Management

Considering that Booz Allen does have a huge technology professionals population, there needs to be a clearer path to growth for these folks. Not just a ribbon, real growth.

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"am I the only one who's ever left high school?"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

compensation and benefits were good, but if you're not former military, a suck-up, or a partner's kid, you won't go very far up the ladder.

Cons

Haven't seen a more insecure bunch of people since high school, but maybe they have reason to be? In my Division, there was one female Sr. Associate who basically ran the committee that performed everyone's annual reviews. While the other members of the committee were expected to be replaced approx. every two years, a charter member, she'd been on it for at least eight years! How's that for objectivity?? If she liked you, you were golden. If not, she basically ran her own private mafia (she’s actually Sicilian, too). Her undergrad degree isn't even in anything remotely related to business - it's in theater, but then, she's a great actress.

Advice to Management

just because she started as a secretary and has a bunch of dirt on all the executives, stop letting this woman blackmail you (I don't see any other way she gets away with it!).

2. "Current employee"

Current Employee - Lead Technologist in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Lead Technologist in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The firm always considers what the benefits and actions are to the employee and the future of the firm

Cons

Currently working within a tough environment

Advice to Management

Continue to involve employee input into decisions affecting the firm.