Booz Allen Hamilton - It was a waste of three years. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"It was a waste of three years."

Former Employee - Senior Environmental Specialist in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Senior Environmental Specialist in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Booz Allen is very complimentary of your work until you are not billable.

Cons

On all projects, junior employees ran the jobs while those with the experience were limited on billable hours and expected to correct all errors.

Advice to Management

Utilize your employees more efficiently and provide better guidance.

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They had a benefits and compensation package that was fairly competitive and seemed on-par for their industry.

Cons

Your supervisor can approach anyone that worked with you and ask if there were any issues with your performance and/or relationship. This creates a very invasive and biased per-review performance. My impression working for BAH is that they only care about presenting a polished image than about the quality of their product.

Advice to Management

BAH seems to attract the worst type A personality types that are only focused on profitability and care little for the employee themselves.

2. "Overall Very Good Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant Level II in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant Level II in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Booz Allen is overall a very good balanced company. I really enjoy the very flexible time policies, which allow me to take 2 or 3 days off a month without taking vacation time. The company also was very generous during the government shutdown most, if not all employees still got paid. My experience has been its easy to move to different contracts and markets, which served me well as person young in their career. The company also have pretty good benefits.

Cons

Lots of relatively large changes over the past two years have impacted benefits and work-life balance. The benefits are still good but much less. Working 100% on client site can make you feel disconnected from the firm at large. Promotion and upward mobility is very much dependent on your management chain, having a good management chain is awesome. A not so good management chain is a horrible experience. If you are young in your career and "under paid" getting a significant raise or market salary adjustment is difficult.

Advice to Management

Think about the impact of implementing large scale organizational changes to quickly.