Booz Allen Hamilton - Best company I have worked for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Best company I have worked for"

Current Employee - Associate in North Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Associate in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great colleagues. Leaders who care. Culture that expects excellence.

Cons

Local government client can be challenging.

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Solid company, good work/life balance, ok salaries"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working with everyone I have met in this company and that's what makes the job most enjoyable. Booz Allen is a solid company where you can switch careers but don't necessarily have to switch companies. They provide a lot of benefits such as 6% 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement, parking fee reimbursement, etc. Booz Allen is very strong in its day-to-day operations activities. They have solid support from all of the commodity shops such as IT, HR, Accounting, etc., which allows employees to focus on their work and not getting paid on time, finding someone to fix their laptop, or getting quickly on-boarded to company policies. It's also a great place for military folks leaving the service and transitioning to a civilian career. Booz Allen primarily supports the Department of Defense and US Government, so military jargon and an understanding of military and government culture is desired. Also, since there are numerous veterans working at Booz Allen, it's a great place to find an immediate support group.

Cons

If you want to make the highest salary in the industry, don't work at Booz Allen. If you are looking for great mentors who will take you under their wing to show you the ropes, don't work at Booz Allen. Booz Allen requires its employees to be 100% proactive in managing their own careers. Booz Allen provides the resources and networking opportunities to be successful, but its on the employee to create their own success. Aside from the lack of mentorship, Booz Allen's culture since it has become publicly traded is to maximize shareholder value. Booz seems to have removed its concern for employees and put all emphasis on boosting the bottom line. This is frustrating as an employee because, as good as that is for the company as a whole, it sucks as an individual. All correspondence coming down from the higher ups details their actions as "good for the company" but anyone with any business sense can smell the accounting and finance tricks that are going on to keep the company financially healthy. Granted, it's a necessary evil, but it still makes me upset as an employee.

Advice to Management

Bring back ECAP to compensate for the lower salaries, define a path to become a partner, and make that look more possible than it is now (2014). I've been advised by many higher level Booz Allen employees that making it to partner is nearly impossible and that I should look at smaller firms if I want to climb the ranks.

"Limited opportunities, no senior management integrity"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The flexible work schedule is great as they allow you to work from home.

Cons

The corporate culture has severely declined over the past few years. What was once a reputable, prestigious encouraging and fun place to work has become a cut throat environment where leadership is only concerned with balancing their respective DL/IL ratios (and using guesswork and excel to do so!) and leaving staff to fend for themselves and find their own jobs.