Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Jun 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, great company to work for

Cons

Government contracting has its drawbacks

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome place to work

Aug 5, 2021 - Senior Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely love working here, don’t want to leave!

Cons

Price gap is huge between pay scales.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Federal Project consulting

Aug 3, 2021 - Associate/Lead Technologist in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Big name to have on your resume, and if you're willing to reside in the DMV area there are usually alot of project opportunities so getting staffed is not as big of a challenge as it can be at other consulting firms.

Cons

Managers on projects are really hit or miss, and the ones that miss, miss by miles. Definitely a lack of diversity in the leadership space. Ultimately spending 2.5 years on the project I was staffed to only showed me that govt agencies can be very incompetent and wasteful, where BAH fails is allowing these agencies to continue to waste tax payer money, but instead BAH just sneaks in and gets those contracts where they just need to justify seats in a chair as opposed to providing quality consulting. No bonus structure if you're an Associate or below. I was told that I was performing at the top of my peers and got a 2.5% raise each year and was forced to live in one of the more expensive cities in America. When i asked to work remote, a number of BAH subcontractors were given the ability to work remote, I was told that I should simply request to roll off the project because the project wouldnt support it. during my job search after I rolled off I saw the same role that I was working offered through another subcontractor with more pay and the ability to work remote. Project leadership really fails you at times.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Booz Allen Hamilton.