Borrego Community Health Foundation - Borrego Community Health Foundation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Borrego Community Health Foundation

"Borrego Community Health Foundation"

Current Employee - Management in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Management in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Borrego Community Health Foundation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company provides subsidized health services to the uninsured or under insured.

Cons

The company is growing so fast, their infra structure is having a hard time keeping up.

Advice to Management

Consolidate before expanding further. Weed out non-productive employees no matter who they are related to.

Other Employee Reviews for Borrego Community Health Foundation

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Physician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Physician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Borrego Community Health Foundation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful place to work as a physician. Great hours, great compensation and great benefits.

Cons

None that I can see so far

Advice to Management

We need to spend more money on advertising for our clinic so patients know how to find us.

2. "Nepotism"

I have been working at Borrego Community Health Foundation full-time

Pros

Starting pay is good for everyone.

Cons

I've worked for several companies before Borrego Health and this is the MOST nepotistic workplace I've ever worked for. Everyone here is related some way or another. The same people are getting raises and promotions. The rules are bent for them but yet regular employees like us only get a 1% raise. I think we need to let go of most of our executive team and bring new faces and ideas to the company. You'll be surprised that most of these executives have little to no educational background. Which is why the company is doing so poorly.

If you want to work here, BE AWARE. They are NOT generous with raises, there's no tuition reimbursement---you'll basically be a slave! You're better off working for better companies such as Kaiser, Sharp, Scripps Health, UCSD, etc.

Advice to Management

Hire those who are qualified! Don't hire them because they're related to you. Reorganize the leadership structure and bring new members to the team to accomplish the mission and values of Borrego Health.