Borrego Solar - Best place I've ever worked | Glassdoor
  1. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Senior Office Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Borrego Solar full-time for more than a year

Pros

I genuinely feel lucky that I get to work at Borrego Solar. I've worked for a variety of companies in a variety of industries in the past, but this one stands above the rest for me. I think that's in large part due to the culture here. Everyone here works hard, including those at the top. I've never run into an issue of a super-negative co-worker or someone who is "dead weight" and wasting everyone's time. I have a... lot of trust and respect for the decision makers of the company. Frankly, before working here, I never realized how nice that is. While a bunch of perks can be nice and fun, I find it much more satisfying to work for a company that spends its money responsibly and thoughtfully and is transparent about it. You can tell that the people who work here take pride in what they do and I'm proud to be one of them.

Cons

People work hard here and are striving to make a positive impact on the world. If that's not your thing, this probably isn't the right place for you.

Borrego Solar2019-07-17

Other Employee Reviews

1. "I Loved working there"

Current Employee - Site Superintendent in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Borrego Solar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture and work/life balance

Cons

It's a fast paced environment which can be stressful but I loved it

Borrego Solar2019-08-22
  2. "Extremely well-run company, great place to work"

Current Employee - Vice President in Lowell, MA

I have been working at Borrego Solar full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Genuine commitment to transparency, both with employees and with customers, as a critical cultural principle that drives continues improvement. Company culture of not sweating the small stuff. When problems come up, we do a great job of focusing on the problem not the person. Track record of success over the last decade that's unmatched in the industry.

Cons

We're making progress with respect to diversity, and it's an area where awareness is building, but it needs ongoing attention. To the company's credit, it's not something to which we're turning a blind eye.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in our people, especially at the mid-levels of the organization.

Borrego Solar2019-07-15

Discover more reviews about Borrego Solar.