Bose - It's Retail | Glassdoor

"It's Retail"

Current Employee - Demonstration Specialist in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Demonstration Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bose full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good. I left the company with plenty of product! There are bonuses (if you can qualify) and health insurance if you need it (I didn't at the time)

Cons

It's near impossible (on a rotating yearly cycle) to hit the numbers to bonus. My first year we bonus, some times double, and the second year we didn't at all. This tends to be the trend, so don't bank on getting the monthly bonuses.

Advice to Management

One would think the upper management would be great, seeing what an amazing man Dr. Bose is, but they are not held to a high standard. After reporting my store manager for her behavior, I had a x on my back, and was gone a few months later. I left because of the behavior of my store manager and the lack of care taken by the district manager and corporate.

Other Employee Reviews for Bose

"Incredible company to work for"

Current Employee - Engineer in Stow, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Stow, MA

I have been working at Bose full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great competitive salary and benefits
    -excellent management team that cares about individual career development
    -makes awesome products
    -tight knit community of extremely intelligent engineers willing to share their knowledge
    -plenty of training/educational opportunities
    -company is rooted in its strong core values and guiding principles

Cons

-the commute
    -not a publicly traded company : no stock benefits but it's not entirely a CON since that shortcoming is easily made up for by their other benefits

Advice to Management

Keep promoting personal/individual development - studies all over have proven that the happiest employees are the most productive employees. In order for employees to be happy, work-life balance is essential and a management team that is supportive of its employees' desire for mastery and purpose is key.

"main reason for slow advancement"

Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Bose full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

culture is so beneficial and technical opportunities are so great...few people leave. I've been at the company for 19 years and I'm about average. I don't plan to leave. If growth rate is not high enough, or if existing people do not leave, then new people will experience low growth opportunity.

Cons

this leads to slow growth opportunities...slow growth in title...still allows growth in learning which is what has caused me to stay for so long.

Advice to Management

generate much higher corporate growth rate. This seems to be the only thing that could remedy this. high employee retention is a very good thing overall.