Cover image for Bose

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Working at Bose

Sep 21, 2022 - Sales Associate in Plano, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, fun, commission, base salary, employee discount

Cons

I did not like that they closed the mall stores

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company

Nov 24, 2022 - Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, good salary! Great people, good salary!

Cons

Some outsourcing, Some outsourcing yes

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Clown fiesta management spitting on the legacy of Dr Bose

Aug 3, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Framingham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

respectful, actually very nice people in general. I've never encountered drama or back stabbing behavior like at other companies. Free audio hardware. Smart people (in the past).

Cons

Bad engineering. Seniority is the only thing that matters for advancement. I've seen jr engineers picking up the slack for their lvl 3 or 4 peers. It makes jrs very salty to make half of their incompetent peers and the bad seniors very with no motivation to improve. Until the mass layoffs the past few years, it seemed nobody was let go for being bad at their job. They would always figure something out or rotate you to another dept. Bose engineering was basically one big works program. Good if you were bad, terrible if you were competent. Non-sensical decisions seemed to be everywhere, with no repurcussions for the idea's originators. IE not knowing how to evaluate good talent, leading to not having engineers on hand to execute pretty straightforward apps and services, hiring contractors for 700k a head to do the work, then halting all work and firing contractors, as the budget predictably runs out. The saddest thing is that a lot of decent people loved the company and tried to do everything in their power to keep the legacy alive. I knew of engineers and managers who took a lot of flack for pushing back against absolutely non-sensical decisions. People slowly trickled out after realizing it was a futile effort until eventually there was nobody left to keep the torrent of bad decisions back.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Bose.

Bose Careers

Cover image for Bose

We're uncompromising innovators. We’re addicted to innovation. It’s what keeps us going, and why curiosity and imagination are so...More

• What We Do
  • Why We Do It
  • Reach Your Potential

Bose Photos

+ Add Photo
Bose photo of: United Way Bose Gives
Bose photo of: SWE
Bose photo of: Ice Cream Party at HQ
Bose photo of: On the top of the mountain
Bose photo of: Marketing Team Bose Gives