Bose - Bose is a great place to work and I would highly recommend it as a workplace, | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bose

"Bose is a great place to work and I would highly recommend it as a workplace,"

Current Employee - Engineer in Framingham, MA

Pros

As a privately held company, we get to work on really interesting long term projects that a publicly traded company couldn't do. Also if you have a good idea, people will listen if you make a good case for it.

Cons

The vacation time per year could be better and how you accrue over the years needs to be improved. Also there is a parking shortage at the headquarters, which necessitates taking a shuttle several months per year.

Advice to Management

Keep and continue to improve the current communication channels from the top to the rank and file.

Other Employee Reviews for Bose

1. "Bose has a great environment that promotes innovation"

Current Employee - Engineer in Framingham, MA

Pros

Bose has a very cool culture and a great environment to work in. Everyone there is brilliantly smart and for the most part very approachable. Bose also makes some pretty nifty products and the employee discount isnt too shabby. Overall the relaxed atmosphere actually leads to quite a bit of work getting done.

Cons

Salary's tend to be on the lowish side compared to a lot of other employers, but they are certainly still livable. It seems like certain people in certain higher level management roles don't really understand everything that goes on. The parking situation is pretty messed up as well with no where near enough spots.

Advice to Management

Management needs to share more general information with employees. Bose is a private company which means very few people, including very few employees, know the full scope of what goes on in the company.

2. "A great and exciting company but their employees are not always treated fairly."

Former Employee - Specialist in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Specialist in Framingham, MA

Pros

Exciting things are constantly happening at Bose.

Cons

The department I worked in was not managed well. Former peers were managing the group and did not exhibit respectful behavior when working with our team. We were a group of exempt professionals with a huge amount of decision making responsibilities but we were questioned every time we were away from our desk or took even 5 minutes longer at lunch. The compensation was not competitive. Bose asks a lot from their employees and only a small percentage are fairly rewarded for their efforts.

Advice to Management

The senior leadership is doing a great job but they need to pay closer attention to the way employees are being treated.