Boston Children's Hospital - Intense but very rewarding work experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boston Children's Hospital

"Intense but very rewarding work experience"

Pros

Premier research institution, brilliant researchers and PI's, advanced technology

Cons

Commute can be tough but the LMA shuttle is great

Other Employee Reviews for Boston Children's Hospital

"A very bad experience"

I have been working at Boston Children's Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture and values
    Patient care
    Comfortable facilities

Cons

I can only speak about the department I worked for.
    Chaotic environment
    Lack of Leadership
    Lack of Management
    Lack of communication
    Management by fear
    Employees penalized after reporting incidents
    Low salaries
    No career opportunities
    Department is unable to quickly adapt to a changing environment
    Management does not accept suggestions to improve performance, resources, budget, and utilization, even if it only requires a simple procedural change.

A week after announcing the hospital is going through serious budget cuts and laid offs, "Boston Children’s Hospital paid chief Dr. James Mandell a total pay package of about $2 million, including a $725,000 bonus. That marked a 10 percent increase in his total 2009 compensation of $1.8 million." From Boston Globe, Boston-area hospital bosses earn up to $3 million August 16, 2012, by Liz Kowalczyk

2. "Everyone here was so passionate about their work to improve the lives of others."

Former Employee - Research Assistant
    Former Employee - Research Assistant

I worked at Boston Children's Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone I interacted with at Children's Hospital was motivating, professional, very helpful, and sincere. I felt that their energy truly motivated me to perform my best in the workplace. Whenever I had questions or wanted to arrange meetings, several of my colleagues were willing to help me.

Cons

Since it was a research based position, the hours were just a little bit longer than anticipated; however, I didn't realize I sometimes worked overtime because I enjoyed what I did.

Advice to Management

The management is truly outstanding at Children's Hospital Boston. I understand that the upper management is very busy with several other projects, but I would like to see more meetings or lecture talks given by them to the entire lab. I feel like they can be very motivational and help guide the projects that we work on.