Boston Consulting Group - Better for Consultants | Glassdoor

"Better for Consultants"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits. Full medical, profit sharing, 16 weeks mat leave, 8 weeks pat leave, 3 weeks vacation, 4 weeks after 5 years, free lunch. You get to work with talented/smart individuals, collaborative environment. Depending on the office you work in, there can be decent flexibility in your schedule. It looks good on a resume. We are finally rolling out trainings for business services teams that are beneficial to our... work (previous trainings felt very N/A).

Cons

Low salaries for employees on the operations side (business services). Not a lot of transparency (on ops side). Very little growth opportunities for business services teams. For assistants, who you work for can make or break you. Workloads are extremely uneven for assistants. Some of the Principals and Partners can be very difficult to work for. You aren't always treated like a human. Operations side of business... does not receive many of the amazing perks that consulting side receives (e.g. women @ BCG only includes consulting staff).

Advice to Management

Invest a little more in your all your employees, not just the consulting staff. Operations is the backbone of every office.

Boston Consulting Group2018-04-25
  1. "Amazing Place to work"

Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group for more than a year

Pros

free food, nice people, great work

Cons

nothing much, might get boring sometimes

Boston Consulting Group2019-10-09
  2. "Big company with a surprisingly personal touch"

Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with BCG for about two years now and am often amazed at how personalized the programs, policies, and processes are despite BCG's size and growth. You really do feel that people care about YOU personally and want you to succeed.

Cons

Can definitely get busy/a little stressful (it is consulting after all) but they do have things to help you address that too (to my point above) in terms of time management support, workload allocation, time off/flexibility, etc. I guess you could say they know the cons too and proactively address them...

Boston Consulting Group2019-10-09

Discover more reviews about Boston Consulting Group.