Boston Consulting Group - Great colleagues, interesting work, amazing experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boston Consulting Group

"Great colleagues, interesting work, amazing experience"

Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ The people are amazing - lots of unique backgrounds and interesting PhDs
+ The learning is fast-paced - new Learning at BCG (LAB) is full of amazing training
+ Career guidance - always transparent, career development lets you know where you are at all times
+ Office culture - everyone is always back on Fridays. Lots of dinners and outings.
+ PTO makes the hours more manageable and predictable, makes it a lot more liveable

Cons

- Work hours can be long, but this is highly variable from project to project.
- Learning curve is steep. If you're not quick at picking things up you're going to have a rough time

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, it's amazing how fast the company is growing

Other Employee Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

1. "BCG continues to exceed my expectations"

Current Employee - Principal in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Principal in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

BCG is one of the best places to have both a significant impact on some of the worlds top companies while also maintaining a diversity of experiences by working on a wide variety of challenging clients and problems. BCG has hired some of the best business thinkers in the world and the company affords the staff the opportunity to learn from some of the best. I originally thought that I would only be in consulting for 2 years. After 7 years here, I still continue to learn and grow while working with some of the best. I am looking forward to the next 7 years at BCG!

Cons

Work life balance is the biggest challenge at BCG. We are in a client service business and it sometimes makes it challenging to have quality hobbies and out of office activities during the weekdays.

Advice to Management

Focus on maintaining the culture as the firm goes through the CEO and leadership change moving into 2013.

"Great colleagues and a good opportunity to learn, but ultimately management consulting is a tough sell."

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Boston Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great colleagues. Good opportunities to learn some important skills.

Cons

Work-life balance is very difficult. Professional service is removed from the actual work. I prefer to develop depth of expertise rather than breadth of experience, which can be hard.