Boston Consulting Group - Great Coworkers, limited opportunities for non-consultants (BST) | Glassdoor

"Great Coworkers, limited opportunities for non-consultants (BST)"

Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-The people here are absolutely fantastic -The firm invests in training for employees (both formal education and providing workshops) -The firm invests in the office culture -Great physical workspaces -Incredible health insurance (less helpful though if you're young, healthy, and childless)

Cons

If you want to grow your career here you must be on the consulting side. There are limited opportunities to get promoted in general, and for high impact opportunities, they prefer former consultants who want more work-life balance (or they will devote a team of consultants to an internal project). That doesn't leave a lot of opportunities for people wishing to grow their career. If you want a job that handles... more scutwork than big impact but provides great work-life balance and benefits you'll be incredibly happy here as a BST employee.

Advice to Management

It's tricky to provide a BST offering that suits everyone, but you've got to give high performers a way to grow here (or you'll force them to go elsewhere). You can't continue to sequester all the benefits of working here to the consulting staff (a real pay increase compared to cost of living adjustments for BST, preferred access to impactful BST jobs, etc.).

Boston Consulting Group2019-08-05
  1. "BCG IS THE PLACE TO BE!"

Former Intern - Internship in New York, NY

I worked at Boston Consulting Group for less than a year

Pros

Life at BCG is amazing! Everyone inside the office made me feel loved. This has been one of my best experiences to date and I would love to intern again!

Cons

NO Cons! This is a great place to be!

Boston Consulting Group2019-09-17
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Smart, genuine people Interesting work and important problems Flexibility in choosing project work and people you work with Great for personal /professional development

Cons

Unpredictable travel and sometimes hours

Boston Consulting Group2019-09-14

Discover more reviews about Boston Consulting Group.