Boston Consulting Group - It sucked but I would do it again. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boston Consulting Group

"It sucked but I would do it again."

Current Employee - Associate in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Associate in San Francisco, CA

Pros

People here are super, super nice; really smart but also caring and considerate.
And, key point, the connections and resume boost when you leave are totally worth the investment.

Cons

Unfortunately, and regardless of what the brochure says, this is not a place that retains women. To do well here, you have to put work above absolutely everything else, and it's quite rare to find normal, nice women who are willing to do that. So the female principals and partners tend to be workaholic, pretty mean, and type A - not good role models for the rest of us, and not people who I want to consider mentors.
Also, the culture here is highly evaluative - feedback is great, but the amount we receive here on few data points in intensely stressful. And they are *terrible* at recognizing and lauding strengths -- feedback is always strong oriented toward the negative.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure your CDC process actually does a very good job. If you have not worked with local officers, the decision process is based solely on what your CDC advisor says - and if he happens to be shy or not have done his research correctly, you've got a problem on your hands.

Other Employee Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

"Good pay partly offsets constant travel, long hours, stress"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

BCG pays well and is very transparent about expectations and performance. The people are some of the brightest you'll ever meet. They challenge you to find non-obvious solutions.

Cons

It varies from person to person, but some of us travel constantly. Although it's not really BCG specific, one of the biggest downsides to the job is the constant churn - different partners, clients, locations, industries - every time you change a case. It's exhilarating at first, but it starts to wear on you after awhile.

Advice to Management

None

"Best place to learn and practice consulting!"

Current Employee - Principal in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Principal in New York, NY

Pros

Challenging work, great people, huge impact

Cons

You are still a consultant!

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Don't lose sight of heritage.