Boston Consulting Group - Executive Assistant | Glassdoor

"Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Autonomy over much of your work, support from peers and managers, excellent benefits.

Cons

The company is so efficiently run that there are few opportunities to work outside of your job description. Some benefits extended to consulting staff do not extend to the administrative team (working from home, etc). Very little opportunity to advance beyond the role of executive assistant.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to test new models with administrative staff. Many of them are already working for you from home in their off-hours and not charging the time. I work every day during my train commute - why not offer for a portion of my commute to count toward my work day?

Boston Consulting Group2016-01-18
  1. "Amazing Place to work"

Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group for more than a year

Pros

free food, nice people, great work

Cons

nothing much, might get boring sometimes

Boston Consulting Group2019-10-09
  2. "Big company with a surprisingly personal touch"

Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with BCG for about two years now and am often amazed at how personalized the programs, policies, and processes are despite BCG's size and growth. You really do feel that people care about YOU personally and want you to succeed.

Cons

Can definitely get busy/a little stressful (it is consulting after all) but they do have things to help you address that too (to my point above) in terms of time management support, workload allocation, time off/flexibility, etc. I guess you could say they know the cons too and proactively address them...

Boston Consulting Group2019-10-09

Discover more reviews about Boston Consulting Group.