Boston Market - Fair treatment from store manager. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boston Market

"Fair treatment from store manager."

Former Employee - Certified Trainer in New Hamburg, NY
Former Employee - Certified Trainer in New Hamburg, NY

Pros

Flexible schedule for employees but with little consideration towards necesity to live.

Cons

Unappealing human resource/ support for general issues.

Advice to Management

Communicate more.

Other Employee Reviews for Boston Market

1. "Prideful"

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Irving, TX

Pros

Developing of strong pride of store
    Good lessons of restaurant management
    Learning to how to deal with real food

Cons

Pay vs stress of work

Advice to Management

Go to learn not to get paid

"Give a lot and get very little in return. 10 year employee - FIRED."

Former Employee - Carver/Server/Cash/Prep/Utility/Back-up/Driver in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Carver/Server/Cash/Prep/Utility/Back-up/Driver in Warren, MI

Pros

While working at Boston Market you not only learn how to deal with food and guests, but also realize the nature of the beast - that is, Boston Market's business methodology.

The combination between regular guests and co-workers is what made coming to work tolerable.

I had been an employee for a long time and it was a lot like home for a long time.

The food was great, always a wide variety to choose from. 9/10 times, I would eat our food during breaks.

Loved the challenges.

Cons

They believe that their employee's are very disposable, so when profits are low - someone goes.

I received this tip from a Manager during my employment -
    "If they can't find a reason to get rid of you, they will make it extremely uncomfortable for you to stick around. Heads up, they are coming for you." -Anonymous Boston Market Manager

Too many holidays were sacrificed, covered many shifts, stayed later than scheduled with very little or no notice, only to be taken advantage of and treated with such flippancy.

Realize, when you work at Boston Market and are below management, you are a slave. A very small percentage of in-house employees move up into the ranks. I've witnessed a lot of off the streets individuals awarded respectable positions within the company, before many hard working Boston Market employees with years of experience.

If you're outstanding at your position, follow all requirements/duties to a tee (which change almost daily) , in hopes to be seen as a possible candidate for management or promotion, you will remain in that position or pay scale. You are a threat to management and it only makes sense to get the most bang for your buck, right Boston Market?

You will be given the minimum amount of hours they can give you. You will be called in for shifts you weren't scheduled (because you aren't getting many to begin with, right?). If you turn down those shifts, you will be given the guilt trip or worse - future hours and/or position threatened.

They cut their costs as far down as they can (meaning your wages, hours and benefits), hold their general workers accountable for everything wrong with the business, and when Boston Market isn't profiting, you go. No, they won't lay you off - because they'll have to pay towards unemployment. What they WILL do though, is find a way to get you to quit and they're good at that!

From the guest's wallet to the pocket of Boston Market, someone needs to be taken advantage of somewhere in between. You will be that person if you work with this company.

Advice to Management

I've made my complaint and given my advice. I was ignored.