Boston Market - DO NOT WORK HERE! | Glassdoor

"DO NOT WORK HERE!"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Crew Member in Tampa, FL

I worked at Boston Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-50% off food
-Maybe a friendly shift manager
-Employees that empathize

Cons

-No free food (When I got this job I was broke until my first check. So no food for me, even if I was working a double.)
-They do nothing but point out flaws. And I mean absolutely nothing. How can you be a manager and still flip out whenever 2pm rush our comes? This happens every day, you should be used to this. And if it's 2pm rush, why all 4 managers asking me to do things like, "pick up my pencil," "change out the desserts," "bus the tables", when I'm taking Orders, because the line is out of the door, and there are only two crew members for two registers, and two order sections?
-Management is illogical and in-organized and flat out condescending.
- The hours are good if you have the experience, but they'll work you a double and then make you work morning shift the next day. That makes no sense.
-They'll put you where they want you. I'm bad with math and had my drawer short almost every day. If it continued I would get fired.
-I walked out the day before Thanksgiving because I was working 6 days in a row, and had never felt more demoralized in my life. It literally felt like a life or death decision. There's no reason you should feel like you are nothing when you are busting your ass for hours on end, every day.

Advice to Management

-CARE ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYESS. ACTUALLY DELIVER WHAT YOU PROMISE.

Other Employee Reviews for Boston Market

"Excellent Work Environment"

Former Employee - Carver in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Carver in Livonia, MI

I worked at Boston Market part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management provides its employees with a flexible work schedule which is great for someone who's juggling both work and school at the same time. The team I worked with was great and management was helpful with training and any concerns I had during my tenure there.

Cons

I had no negative experiences working at Boston Market and would suggest a job with them to anyone.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management, they're very organized and are on top of everything. The new CEO has turned the company around and my only advice would be to keep whatever you're doing going the way it is now.

2. "Pretty good benfits. Some unreasonable expectations."

Former Employee - General Manager in Indianapolis, IA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Indianapolis, IA

I worked at Boston Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent work environment. Good training. Decent pay, good product and plenty of help from other GMs.

Cons

Unreasonable expectations regarding staffing. Very difficult to meet all criteria for bonuses

Advice to Management

Change facial hair code.