Boston Market - As an hourly manager, there should be a better appreciation for hourly manager's responsibilities and versatility. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boston Market

"As an hourly manager, there should be a better appreciation for hourly manager's responsibilities and versatility."

Former Employee - Hourly Management in Hallandale Beach, FL
Former Employee - Hourly Management in Hallandale Beach, FL

I worked at Boston Market full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There should be something said about having the the top tiered management feel they can rely upon the lowest ranking management. From the General Manager to the Assistant Manager, there has always been a sense of an open environment where seemingly all management have the same responsibility and a responsibility to one another.

Cons

The responsibility put upon the hourly management is not taken lightly, however eventually there becomes an obvious dependency on lower management and subsequently leading to a very frequent sense of being over worked; additionally, there is a lack of acknowledgement for the work done from upper management, the rate of pay-increase does not equal the work and extra duties assigned, and finally, there is a constant

Other Employee Reviews for Boston Market

1. "Not the best company to work for"

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Boston Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced, rapid changing. Easy promotion to shift manager for those who want management experience, little growth opportunity after that.

Cons

No sick days, Constant adoptions of sales initiatives that don't help the company. Line level employees take the brunt of ways to try to get customers to buy the food.

Advice to Management

You need to cut cost and lower prices, not create service improvements.

"DO NOT WORK HERE!"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Tampa, FL

I worked at Boston Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-50% off food
    -Maybe a friendly shift manager
    -Employees that empathize

Cons

-No free food (When I got this job I was broke until my first check. So no food for me, even if I was working a double.)
    -They do nothing but point out flaws. And I mean absolutely nothing. How can you be a manager and still flip out whenever 2pm rush our comes? This happens every day, you should be used to this. And if it's 2pm rush, why all 4 managers asking me to do things like, "pick up my pencil," "change out the desserts," "bus the tables", when I'm taking Orders, because the line is out of the door, and there are only two crew members for two registers, and two order sections?
    -Management is illogical and in-organized and flat out condescending.
    - The hours are good if you have the experience, but they'll work you a double and then make you work morning shift the next day. That makes no sense.
    -They'll put you where they want you. I'm bad with math and had my drawer short almost every day. If it continued I would get fired.
    -I walked out the day before Thanksgiving because I was working 6 days in a row, and had never felt more demoralized in my life. It literally felt like a life or death decision. There's no reason you should feel like you are nothing when you are busting your ass for hours on end, every day.

Advice to Management

-CARE ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYESS. ACTUALLY DELIVER WHAT YOU PROMISE.