Boston Scientific - OK Internship | Glassdoor

"OK Internship"

Former Intern - R&D Intern in San Jose, CA
Former Intern - R&D Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at Boston Scientific as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I interned for a summer after college. The pay was excellent ($26/hour), and my supervisors were very kind and helpful.

Cons

- There was too much online training
- My work was not challenging, as it consisted of lots of testing and very little analysis and design. I wish this were clearer in the internship posting
- There was only one other intern in my office, and there were very few planned events with interns in neighboring offices. Full-time employees were older, so it was difficult to make friends

Advice to Management

Reduce the online training. Give interns more analytical and/or design work. Hire more interns and plan more social events

Other Employee Reviews for Boston Scientific

"Uber Competitive. Consulting Firm Atmosphere."

Former Employee - Information Systems Manager in Natick, MA
    Former Employee - Information Systems Manager in Natick, MA

I worked at Boston Scientific full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Favorites are rewarded with bonuses and promotions.
    Make a difference in the lives of patients
    Good Commute - not in city
    Excellent cafeteria food. Free Parking.
    Good culture for politicians.

Cons

Management identifies "scape goats" early in career and blames them for when projects are not set up to succeed. Management does not take accountability at all. Ultimately scape goats are put into an HR corrective action and fired.

Even if you are identified as a good steady performer then it is a matter of time before you get laid off. They only want to keep the top 35% of the work force.

Overtime is expected without compensation.
    You are expected to "volunteer" for extra work and if you do not then you will get a bad review.
    Favortism is the mantra of management. Not objective performance.

No....I am not just lashing out. This is an honest review. Just ask someone who works there.

Advice to Management

Sell the company already. Stock price was at $40 ten years ago. They paid 27 billion for Guidant and now the market cap is 9 billion. Now, Stock price is $5. So you can buy BSC for 51% of the $9 Billion and you get Guidant for free!

If you do not like the company then just wait a little while and a new CEO will get hired. They are on their 4th CEO in past 4+ years.

2. "analytical chemist"

Current Employee - Chemist in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Chemist in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

good company to work, great enviroment, good benefit. I love to work there. I learn a great deal working at Boston Scientific. I have been treated very well.

Cons

strugle with ecomic down size. Company try to save cost, reduce head count in future