Boston Scientific - we were acquired...tiny fish swallowed by a whale | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boston Scientific

"we were acquired...tiny fish swallowed by a whale"

I worked at Boston Scientific full-time

Pros

BSC is stability. Hard for a startup person to handle, ironically. However, the roller coaster ride stops, and you head to the bumper cars. You can move, strategically, and the most you have to deal with are a few bumps on the road.

Cons

You go from handling/managing many facets of many issues, to being narrowly defined and labeled. The hierarchy (much of which is unnecessary) makes it tough for you to be you, and really do what you do best - contribute to make a difference.

I'd done the big company thing before. Left it because it was stifling to me.

Advice to Management

Take more time to swallow the guppy. While "the market" accepts it immediately, your employees and customers don't. Keep the brand a little longer

Other Employee Reviews for Boston Scientific

1. "Great people, great work, recommended"

Former Intern - Intern in Natick, MA
    Former Intern - Intern in Natick, MA

I worked at Boston Scientific as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people. I really enjoy interning there. You learn a lot.

Cons

Very unorganized for the finance intern

Advice to Management

Should make sure HR are more organized and well structured for all the intern class, not just IS

"Good; but going downhill due to outsourcing"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Boston Scientific full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good devices, decent benefits, flexible work schedule-can work from home, good cafeteria, dry cleaning on site, nice people who are loyal, talented young workforce, expanding- buying new companies, decent tuition reimbursement, pet insurance

Cons

Poor management. High turnover rate; there have been 3 CEO's in the four years i've been there. Way too much Outsourcing; Quality is slipping. LOW promotion and bonus rate, seems to get worse every year. No appreciation for the "worker bee's" who make all the difference. Good work goes unnoticed due to poor Supervisors and Managers, lack of communication, low starting pay

Advice to Management

Speak and listen to your employees. Stop outsourcing. Do more to keep American's employed. Pay your top talent a decent salary! Improve company moral.