Bottomline Technologies - Good place to work at | Glassdoor

"Good place to work at"

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Portsmouth, NH
Former Employee - QA Engineer in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location, upper management were very good. Quarterly meetings were typically fun.

Cons

Getting laid off due to business reasons

Advice to Management

Look to keep good people internally if there is an opportunity for them to move internally to stay employed and contributing to the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Bottomline Technologies

"Fabulous place to work in every aspect!"

Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I look forward to coming to work every day. Why? Because Bottomline really cares about its employees. I have the feeling that my opinion matters from the CEO, to Vice Presidents and Managers as well as my co-workers. The culture is built around "working with and for each other" and I have seen this consistently throughout my time here. The message I hear from the senior staff is that I am doing a good job and that I am a valued employee. Who doesn't like recognitiion for a job well done? Moreover, it's clear that there is room for growth here--when a talent is recognized, management acts on it. In other words the focus is on the strengths of our skill set, rather than our shortcomings and then they run with that which makes it fun and rewarding. Employees share a strong work ethic--I always feel like it's team work and that we're moving toward a goal together. Managers are approachable, colleagues are a pleasure, the benefits are very generous--"think Matching 401K" and the environment is well--beautiful! If it's important to you to work hard, feel a part of and to feel satisfied at the end of the day, then this is the place for you.

Cons

From where I sit? None.

"Good to Learn At, Quick to Plateau and Become Stifled"

Former Employee - Digital Designer, Front-End Developer in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Digital Designer, Front-End Developer in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location
    Benefit package
    Bonuses
    Potential for company growth
    Strong UI/UX team

Cons

The company is bogged down by an overbearing network of bureaucracy. For being a tech company, it is ironically slow to adopt new and forward thinking platforms and standards - their corporate website is a glaring example of this sort of backwards thinking.

Numbers and illusion of company gains are valued more than clear and honest communication with prospects and customers. Expect to have processes ignored and overstepped by management. The company does a good job at squashing any initiative or enthusiasm one would otherwise have for their position.

Advice to Management

Resign. The company needs less of you and more of those in specialized fields.