Bottomline Technologies - Run away | Glassdoor

"Run away"

Pros

Good benefits, free fruit in the summer, free ice cream.

Cons

If you want your ideas, suggestions, and work to go unnoticed if your not in Portsmouth then this is the place for you. They are a national company trying to be a global company. When you have a distributed workforce you must utilize them to your advantage, this company doesn't know how to do this from middle management all the way up. Getting someone to respond via email is the most trying task I have ever seen in a company, I would have emails go days without a response and this from my own team. Since I was a remote user and not in Portsmouth there was never a feeling of being welcome by the majority of people. I watched and listened to people actually undermine the CIO, so there is no respect for the management at all.

Advice to Management

Go back to school and learn how to run a global company. You may be one of the biggest players in your market but you have a lot to learn.

Other Employee Reviews for Bottomline Technologies

1. "Good company but lots of room for growth"

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are go getters and want to impress and succeed and great benefits

Cons

There is a disconnect between management and employees. There is a desire to be a global company but the knowledge to do it successfully is severely lacking. There is very little sharing of information between employees and groups as people silo information to ensure their job, which causes lots of issues.

Advice to Management

Look through your employee base and find people who have worked for successful and unsuccessful global companies to see what knowledge they can bring to your company so all can succeed.

"Used to be OK, but not now"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For the most part the non managerial people are good to work with, however there has been an exodus of good hard working people over the past few years. I can't say the same thing about senior management however. Health insurance is good. Basically if you are a junior level person and want to get some experience and can keep your head down and out of the way of senior management it's not too bad of a place. I wouldn't recommend that anyone stay longer than 5 years (get some experience and get out) or try to climb the ladder unless you are a good yes man and have a talet for stabbing your peers in the back.

Cons

The culture is really toxic at the higher levels - you need to constantly watch your back. The company motto is 'With and for each other' which could not be further from the truth. This all really stems from the CEO and flows down so until there is a change at the top I don't see the company culture changing.

Advice to Management

The atmosphere is really driving good people away which is too bad - the strength of the company could really be improved if there was a shift towards listening to differing opinions instead of rewarding those who parrot the same ideas senior managment has already decided on.