Bottomline Technologies - Bottomline Technologies was looking at their bottom line | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies

"Bottomline Technologies was looking at their bottom line"

Former Employee - Senior QA in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior QA in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bottomline Technologies bought a division of Intuit's Financial Services. BT saw something there about the product lines and the customer base. But, as far as the human capital was concerned, they were picky and decided to retain what they needed and leave others such as myself behind.

Cons

I am afraid I can't really say the Cons are working at Bottomline Technologies. I was there for only 6 weeks, and then escorted to the parking lot with the proverbial cardboard box in tow. Some of my former co-workers who are still there say things are going well for them. So, if the company needs you and wants you around -- then, things might work out just fine for you.

Advice to Management

Geez--make up your mind, will ya'?

Other Employee Reviews for Bottomline Technologies

"Bottomline Technologies where incompetence meets ignorance"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits ...good locations across the US and UK . Below the VP level lots of great people. A good place for someone to start their career if only to see what not to do.

Cons

Environment as mentioned in numerous reviews is toxic. Sr management is borderline incompetent and without question arrogant and ignorant. The amount of wasted opportunity is beyond imagination. If you NEVER want to feel accomplished or successful you will fit right in. As soon as I have an option I will move on like most of the other good people.

Advice to Management

To the CEO we all know your genuinely passionate about business and people but unfortunately your expressed ideals are not realized in your company.
    To the CEO beware of false prophets ... !
    To the CEO it's your job to know if your Sr. Management is effective ... If you held yourself to the standards you promote you would be a "C player" when evaluated on your direct reports effectiveness
    To the rest of Sr. Management and certainly to the newly anointed or promoted ... You really need to step away before you ruin the company ... The honeymoon is over the first part of solving the problem is knowing that you are the problem.

"Fast Paced Growing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a ton of positives at Bottomline. The most important one are the people. This is an amazing group of very smart and very motivated people.

Bottomline is growing at an amazing rate
    Lots of opportunities for motivated employees to move up
    Lots of high quality very smart people to work with
    You will be challenged and you will grow your skills if you are successful here
    Great culture
    No boundaries between teams. People work together
    Amazing location in Portsmouth NH
    One of the best college hire programs I've ever seen
    I've personally recommended Bottomline to several friends
    My daughter loves the annual bring your kid to work day
    The ice cream truck shows up every other Friday all summer

Cons

Bottomline is not for everyone. This company is made up of top performers and people that are looking to go home at 4:40 won't be happy here. Be sure you are looking to join a company that's growing this fast before joining Bottomline. If you don't want a challenge this is not the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep growing your pool of talented people. Invest even more in training and mentoring programs. The ones in place today are working.