Bottomline Technologies - Great example of how NOT to run a company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies

"Great example of how NOT to run a company."

Former Employee - Sales in Portsmouth, NH
Former Employee - Sales in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bottomline has a pretty good benefits plan for a company of its size.

Cons

CEO does an all employee call each quarter to discuss company financials - complete with cow bells, bad jokes, and laugh tracks. Something similar to a very bad vaudeville act. CEO likes to talk about how well the company is doing..... then cancels bonus payouts at will, even when the company achieves its financial targets.

Advice to Management

Create a real growth strategy that is strategic - and not one that focuses on buying poor performing companies in adjacent markets at a discount - just to prop up near term quarterly earnings.

Other Employee Reviews for Bottomline Technologies

"Bottomline Technologies was looking at their bottom line"

Former Employee - Senior QA in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior QA in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Bottomline Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bottomline Technologies bought a division of Intuit's Financial Services. BT saw something there about the product lines and the customer base. But, as far as the human capital was concerned, they were picky and decided to retain what they needed and leave others such as myself behind.

Cons

I am afraid I can't really say the Cons are working at Bottomline Technologies. I was there for only 6 weeks, and then escorted to the parking lot with the proverbial cardboard box in tow. Some of my former co-workers who are still there say things are going well for them. So, if the company needs you and wants you around -- then, things might work out just fine for you.

Advice to Management

Geez--make up your mind, will ya'?

"Bottomline Technologies where incompetence meets ignorance"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits ...good locations across the US and UK . Below the VP level lots of great people. A good place for someone to start their career if only to see what not to do.

Cons

Environment as mentioned in numerous reviews is toxic. Sr management is borderline incompetent and without question arrogant and ignorant. The amount of wasted opportunity is beyond imagination. If you NEVER want to feel accomplished or successful you will fit right in. As soon as I have an option I will move on like most of the other good people.

Advice to Management

To the CEO we all know your genuinely passionate about business and people but unfortunately your expressed ideals are not realized in your company.
    To the CEO beware of false prophets ... !
    To the CEO it's your job to know if your Sr. Management is effective ... If you held yourself to the standards you promote you would be a "C player" when evaluated on your direct reports effectiveness
    To the rest of Sr. Management and certainly to the newly anointed or promoted ... You really need to step away before you ruin the company ... The honeymoon is over the first part of solving the problem is knowing that you are the problem.