Bottomline Technologies - Disregard for employee success; knee jerk management actions. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bottomline Technologies

"Disregard for employee success; knee jerk management actions."

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

- good product portfolio, although trailing competitors in some aspects
- excellent technical support; very responsive to customers
- good benefits

Cons

- short-term view of employees - "what have you done for me lately" attitude
- poor training program for new employees - more like baptism by fire
- management did not support employees
- management would talk about employees behind their backs
- employees viewed as expendable

Advice to Management

Invest in employees training and growth. Find ways to support them instead of undercutting them. Decide on a strategy and stick with it. Changing strategies and laying employees off every 6 months is no way to be a successful company over the long term.

Other Employee Reviews for Bottomline Technologies

"Could be better, could be worse...."

Pros

Local company in NH seacoast area, lots of opportunity in the software development industry. Good place to work for "techies".

Cons

Organization is running a bit too lean therefore it provides a poor work life balance. Methodologies need to be refined and adopted company wide to be effective.

Advice to Management

Invest time and money into the overall business's infrastructure and take the time to fully document your products to ensure the wheel does not need to be re-invented every time you implement your products to your customers.

"Benefits Distinguishing A Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Bottomline Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Six-months ago we learned that my wife had a rare form of cancer that requires many diagnostic tests, a team of oncological doctors, chemotherapy, multiple surgeries, and radiation treatments. I needed to quickly get-to-action to understand how we would afford this, determine my work-life balance, and ensure that my wife had the chance to live we want her to have. I'd not chosen Bottomline as an employer for their medical benefits coverage but due to their market opportunity in a very competitive payments solution market.

I made a great choice, if I only use the benefits to evaluate the company. Why? I selected the family medical plan available to any employee knowing that I would pay my employee share, the co-pays, and family/individual deductibles.

Since we never anticipated getting this news, I planned for the normal family benefits in my selection of medical benefits, like most employees, as they "come-with-the-role". I've always been fine with sharing in the benefit insurance costs as I know the employer pays the majority - the same here.

Our immediate reaction was how much beyond our coverage would be covered and what financial means it would take to ensure my wife got healthy. My reaction was it didn't matter how much I'd personally need to spend - even if all our retirement & personal savings would be needed - like most husbands, I'm sure.

What I learned by talking with our head of human resources is that the company's medical plans would assure that our costs would be manageable financially, the work-life balance would not be an issue, and that if we needed anything - just ask for help. This was more true than words can communicate here.

We haven't had any financial hardship and the work-life balance has been a back&forth process where some weeks I'm drawn away from work and when possible, I'm getting my role done.

I've never chosen a company due to benefits but this "life experience" taught me that what "further distinguishes Bottomline" is an offering of medical benefits that anticipates what you need...since few of us plan for this type of illness / disease...who would.

If you are looking for a great company for role, compensation, and career purposes - this is a great place.

However, if you are reading this - ask yourself, "Should I or can i be planning for the unknown for my family and what will the benefits of the company support if I get the bad news?".

I know personally what Bottomline has...as it's given my wife the ability to seek treatment, not require us to spend our life savings, and keep me employed while our family drives thru her treatments toward full-recovery. Nothing in life is certain...but we can make certain choices that can anticipate what we haven't planned for - I'm lucky I chose Bottomline. You could be too!

Cons

If you read the above, it would be difficult to find negatives!

Advice to Management

This company is distinguished by many things...while we could more strongly emphasize the benefits in the hiring and should have a focus on their importance to the individual & family that helps them anticipate for what they might not see in their future.