Bowdoin Group - If you want recruiting ok, but don't join looking for anything else | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bowdoin Group

"If you want recruiting ok, but don't join looking for anything else"

I worked at Bowdoin Group full-time

Pros

Lots of fun, hard working, nice people. Office space isn't bad. Company puts on monthly social hours to mingle with coworkers and relax with food and wine/beer.

Cons

You're sold one idea of what your job is and what the company's approach and values are, making them sound less like a "head hunting" firm which ends up feeling like they're trying to trick themselves into believing they're not in recruiting and that the industry isn't super competitive and invasive. On boarding/training isn't helpful. Too many people train/direct you in different ways. You hear people say that they feel like they can't have work life balance to be successful. Interview process is also extremely long and huge emphasis on a personality test which doesn't event prevent the high turnover I witnessed. Also, you go in for your acceptance of the position only to be grilled by a partner which again gives off the impression that this company is highly paranoid of people leaving.

Advice to Management

Be honest. You're in recruiting to make money. It's ok to say you hold higher ethics to get the job done but it definitely isn't all about helping people. If you're honest about your industry and what your priorities are you will attract the right people and will have to spend less time and money on personality tests that only depict extreme paranoia on your own part.

Other Employee Reviews for Bowdoin Group

1. "Great opportunity to run your own desk"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Bowdoin Group full-time

Pros

They trust in their employees and give them a lot of freedom to put business together. They don't watch the clock and provide flexibility with things like hours. The CEO/Owner is driven and cares about the business. He is very honest and straight forward and that can be seen in the employees that work there.

Cons

Expectations are high which is not a bad thing. They will support you but at the end of the day you have to do the work. They give you all the tools but with that type of flexibility comes the opportunity to fail.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Believe in your strategy and fight through the tough times in the beginning.

2. "Rewarding in many ways"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Bowdoin Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

very transparent culture where everyone works hard and really cares about what we do - focus on delivering excellence and living our values every day

it's the type of company where you can make a lot of money if you work hard and you also feel good about it since you've helped people, especially during critical points in their lives

Cons

Waltham traffic can be tough at peak commuting and the night of a Pats game, but management allows flexibility so we're able to adjust

Advice to Management

keep investing in our growth - it's working!

Bowdoin Group Response

Dec 19, 2016

Thank you for the review. I am so glad you have find your experience rewarding and that feel comfortable with our transparent culture! You are right- Peak hour commuting on the evenings of Patriots ... More