Box - Great low stress environment, disorganization in some (not all) orgs | Glassdoor

"Great low stress environment, disorganization in some (not all) orgs"

Software Engineer

I have been working at Box

Pros

- great work/life balance - free food, flexible hours - unlimited vacation (can be pro or con depending on your manager) - solid vision, company will grow - friendly people, great culture - very competitive pay - least stressful job I've read

Cons

- company is becoming more corporatey - no 401k matching - different organizations vary greatly. Some are run super well, have no politics, GSD. Others are super disorganized. - bar for hiring engineers has been dropping. - sales and product have a lot of politics, engineering it varies but much less so - lots of tech debt, will take years to overcome at current rate

Box2019-02-27
  1. "Great Perks and Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Box full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Leadership is quick to take action and adjust to changing market conditions. The people @ Box are the best - and while there are always some employees that are resistant to change - we can trust that our leadership team is approaching things with the best intent.

Cons

There's no 401(k) match, which is a frequent employee ask - however, when you look at the full compensation package employees have great benefits.

Box2020-04-01
  2. "Amazing company, amazing culture, great place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Box full-time for more than a year

Pros

Box is a company full of hardworking, fast paced, smart people. I think it's the type of company culture you don't ever forget and it's been one of the best companies I've worked at. The leadership team is really cohesive and has a clear vision for Box. Managers are also really thoughtful of career development for teams and honestly, the nicest teams I've worked with. Given the landscape we're in now, our products are also positioned well to win in the market which is a HUGE selling point for our company. Our engineers are phenomenal and our teams really know how to work together.

Cons

There are times when management and leadership can make decisions too quickly and end up having to re-evaluate some of those decisions down the line which impact employees and their work. On the flip side, sometimes decisions don't have a driver which end up holding up processes and procedures which happens in any company. The product line is also relatively complex at first but messaging has been much more simplified over time which I hope will continue to drive the sales cycle in an easier or more digestible way!

Continue reading
    Box2020-04-03

Discover more reviews about Box.