Box - Run Far Away recent restructure | Glassdoor

"Run Far Away recent restructure"

Current Employee - Product Support Specialist

I have been working at Box full-time

Pros

Your colleagues are some of the best to work around with and in some locations e.g. HQ you get catered food but you still get lunches in New York and Austin just not as good. Also, LearnFest and initiatives in your Local Office like Impact Day is always fun.

Cons

The main issue is in particular with this role is the recent restructure and the new management who took over. If you are thinking about applying for this particular role, think again. Expect to not be paid at a competitive salary level. One of the pain points we had in general with this level is that our contracts were negotiated so overtime was a consistent venue where we could earn extra money to make up for the continued expensive living in Austin especially. If you are going to take that away to make room for headcount then invest in all your employees and uplevel everyone’s base salary pay for those who signed on with this. The other issue is micromanagement. Oh yes this is an issue that has just begun. If you do happen to do overtime and you are hourly, then expect to put the reasoning on your time sheet and at times get singled out by management to go over it in detail. This can be for anything and I know multiple people have expressed discontent over this and people are quitting over this built on top of everything. We used to get lab days which were days you can go learn from different departments that was taken away too. We have expressed this to management and our People Partner multiple times and the diversity director. I think people are aware. But from what I know and what was expressed to me from my colleagues was that no action was done and our People Partner agreed with this direction. What was said is never followed through for example I was told as long as we clarified our time sheets it would be all good then why are my colleagues and I still being singled out for one/ones regarding this if that truly was the case. Morale is at an all time low and the only redeeming quality are the people you work around. The other sad fact is if you are interested in growing more technical or a certain area in support don’t expect to be placed there immediately or there at all. People are dropping like flies and if they are not dropping overly stressed and burning out from this which is so ironic since the 40 hour cap was not supposed to cause this but it is. Anyways, expect to remain stagnant and if you do get to move to a sub area consider yourself lucky because some of the tenured individuals have not and been passed over a few times and despite working diligently hard are never recognized. This is really toxic right now and if you are a new graduate although Box is a top company and outside of Support it may be better I would not recommend applying for this particular role at this moment. You are better off going to a smaller company and getting a good foot there. People are quitting before their year mark in. The other lack of thing in Box is the 401k. There is no 401k match and honestly Box can do better with making an initiative to do that.

Continue reading
    Box2019-10-12
  1. "The BEST work culture I have experienced!"

I have been working at Box full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

At Box we're able to bring our authentic selves to work. We don't have to pretend to be someone else. We don't have to pretend to know it all. I am never held back on sharing my ideas and perspectives. I am allowed to take risks and go get it done! Through our non-profit arm Box.org we are encouraged and given time to go serve the community. There are volunteering programs happening all throughout the year that we can get involved in. I love how Box prioritizes helping the community around us. The management is very transparent and always keeps us in the loop on all the happenings. We are never blindsided.

Cons

There's a lot of work to do! So it is up to the employees to create the work-life balance. But the management is supportive of your boundaries.

Box2020-03-27
  2. "Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Senior Strategic Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Box full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility Global Presence Bleeding Edge Technology Awesome Culture

Cons

I have nothing negative to say

Box2020-03-26

Discover more reviews about Box.