Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Community and Value Driven Organization

Sep 25, 2020 - Business Development Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

An incredible place to work that fosters an environment of community and values self starters. The talent is top notch and produces incredible results. I'm so thankful to work for a company that challenges me to grow and respects boundaries and work/life balance.

Cons

No matching 401K program available

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Greatest job I've ever had

May 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Responsive & communicative leadership -Transparency that I haven't experienced elsewhere -Competitive pay -Great benefits -Culture -Cross-functional learning -Promote within!

Cons

-G&A teams are smaller and have a larger workload (creates work/life balance issues) -Company is still growing and experiencing the pain that goes along with that

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

I feel old at this company, yet can't seem to leave.

Apr 22, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's all about the people, people, people. Every team I've been on at Box for the past 7 years has been filled with supportive, intelligent, humorous, down-to-earth folks, and I can't stress how big of a positive impact that has made for me in my day-to-day. The work is constantly challenging -- with the support system from my colleagues and manager I'm able to grow and take on harder assignments knowing they'll have my back if I run into roadblocks. I also feel like my manager does a great job advocating for me and creating a safe space for me to voice my concerns if anything comes up. Lastly, the cafeteria fries (pre-covid obviously) is some of the best I've ever had.

Cons

Transitioning to a more mature company, Box is still battling through EOL'ing some legacy tools and products. Migrating off of these old systems takes time and we don't always have the resources to do it while continuing to successfully run the business. There certainly have been moments of frustration in asking for these resources and seeing our tech debt only growing - it wasn't until recently that this has changed for the better and we've been able to get some new hires to help us through it.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Box.