Employee Review

Current Employee

A great place to work

May 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is taken very seriously and it shows. I enjoy working with my coworkers as well as have s support system in my management

Cons

Doesn’t match 401k but that’s the biggest one I can think of

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture

Jul 26, 2021 - Project Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture, smart colleagues who care about results and balance. Excellent CEO and executive transparency.

Cons

No cons to speak of, a really fun company with better than average career tracking if you’re willing to manage it.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

I feel old at this company, yet can't seem to leave.

Apr 22, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's all about the people, people, people. Every team I've been on at Box for the past 7 years has been filled with supportive, intelligent, humorous, down-to-earth folks, and I can't stress how big of a positive impact that has made for me in my day-to-day. The work is constantly challenging -- with the support system from my colleagues and manager I'm able to grow and take on harder assignments knowing they'll have my back if I run into roadblocks. I also feel like my manager does a great job advocating for me and creating a safe space for me to voice my concerns if anything comes up. Lastly, the cafeteria fries (pre-covid obviously) is some of the best I've ever had.

Cons

Transitioning to a more mature company, Box is still battling through EOL'ing some legacy tools and products. Migrating off of these old systems takes time and we don't always have the resources to do it while continuing to successfully run the business. There certainly have been moments of frustration in asking for these resources and seeing our tech debt only growing - it wasn't until recently that this has changed for the better and we've been able to get some new hires to help us through it.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Box.