Breakthrough Events - Great Opportunity in a fun, upbeat environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Breakthrough Events

"Great Opportunity in a fun, upbeat environment"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Frederick, MD
Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Breakthrough Events full-time

Pros

I have learned so much being at Breakthrough Events. The skill sets that I am learning here can help me in any of my future positions! The environment and staff are upbeat and positive and the whole office is a team. If you are looking for a great way to kick start your career and are motivated by rapid growth and advancement than Breakthrough Events is definitely the company for you.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Other Employee Reviews for Breakthrough Events

1. "Managed direct marketing events for the hottest products within 3-4 of the nation's largest retail chains."

Pros

This is a free business school... a fast pace.. fast track to management, in 6-9 months, be your own boss running these events for $75k starting salary.... the.more shows the more u can make. Direct marketing rules!

Cons

You need to quickly build and rehearse your speech prior to your shift. So you end up needing to have a flexible schedule in order to be facilitated through the fast track to management.

Advice to Management

Hurry up and come out with the web portal or I might need to build it myself to show my dedication to our little circle at the office! Lol! ASP.net and some coffee later... Shizam! ! ;-)

2. "Crazy"

Former Employee - Entry Level Management Specialist in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Entry Level Management Specialist in Frederick, MD

I worked at Breakthrough Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers were friendly enough, coworkers really made this job worth my time, it's fun if you like having spontaneous conversation with shoppers about a product

Cons

high turnover rate, manager is not averse to shouting foul language directly at employees in private communication when not pleased with performance, changing location and products every 2 weeks can be hectic, climbing the ladder to management means putting personal goals outside of work aside, schedule is subject to last-minute alterations, expect to work weekends and expect to work much overtime

Advice to Management

more work-life balance, treat humans as humans, don't gloss over the benefits part of a job as if it doesn't matter