Brickman - Great job for the less ambitious | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brickman

"Great job for the less ambitious"

Current Employee - Crew Leader
Current Employee - Crew Leader

I have been working at Brickman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back for months at a time if you keep up with your site details, pruning, watering, etc. in the summer and tons of hours in the spring and fall. Its a great place for a college grad to land and have reasonable income out of school while looking for better employment.

Cons

You work with a labor force that is like a revolving door because the pay is horrible. The company really attracts the dumbest of the dumb.

Advice to Management

cut money out of the salaries of the branch management and give more to the labor force and middle management.

Other Employee Reviews for Brickman

1. "Do your best, and little to no questions will be asked"

Pros

Good benefits, job security, opportunity.

Cons

A lot of pressure, lack of communication

"Practice what you preach"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Brickman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, good benefits, stable pay, tons of training and educational opportunities. Brickman has many resources and purchasing power.

Cons

Double talk is the standard. "We need to focus on making our client's happy and job quality!" An hour later, "We are going to give you guys 30 hours to work this week to accomplish 65 hours of work...make it happen!" The management at Brickman constantly talks about efficiency, bottom line, communication and building customer loyalty, yet all of our meetings seem to be about how we can cut this or that to hit budget for the month. It's ok to demand MORE MORE MORE, but there is no incentives for anyone when they hit their goal. Profit sharing keeps going down each year. We never have clear directions from middle and upper management. Clear, concise leaders are a thing of the past here. More and more "lifers" are leaving the company for other opportunities b/c they can't move up in the company.

Advice to Management

Take a serious look at the branch managers and regional managers. The message from corporate is not the reality in the branches. I think Brickman has lost touch with its core values, but will deny this to the death and share ONE recent success story of over 5,000 employees to show they still care. I've worked at Brickman for over 3 years and have never seen anyone in upper management even visit a branch in my entire region! GET OUT THE OFFICE! TALK TO YOUR EMPLOYEES AND STOP MANAGING FROM A SPREADSHEET!