Brides by Demetrios - RESEARCH BEFORE APPLYING | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"RESEARCH BEFORE APPLYING"

Current Employee - Bridal Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Bridal Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

* Receive comm. from EVERY sale
* Easy job
* Good hours 40 every week

Cons

* TOOOOOO much down time
* No health care
* No 401k plan
* Benefits SUCKS ASS

Advice to Management

Follow your own advice!!! Don't tell us NOT to do something and go behind our back and do the EXACT same thing that you were complaining not to do. Your the leader so be one!!!! STOP discounting merchandise for unnesscessary reasons we need the full payment from these brides we are NOT a discount retailer.

Other Employee Reviews for Brides by Demetrios

"could use some restructuring"

Pros

Company paid benefits for full time is great! The product is beautiful and of great quality, also in a great price range. Everybody is very friendly, even Demetrios himself. The pay is decent, but not for the amount of hours worked.

Cons

Procedures vary from location to location. Not very much consistency, and brides do not need to be lied to because something goes wrong. The staff in encouraged to get all bridesmaids dresses ordered 4-6 months before the wedding date, but yet they do not pay the vendors correctly so there are constantly holds on accounts causing these items to come in weeks before the wedding. Even after constant follow up it still takes weeks to get corporate to respond or release these items causing frustration on both the staff and the bridal party. This company could greatly benefit by hiring an outside source to restructure the business to make it more successful. They are very comfortable in their roles, and are loyal to the family aspect of things even if it is not the greatest fit for them.

Advice to Management

Listen to your managers! We come to you for help because we need it, and when there is no valid response, it is frustrating. Also keep a full management team. It will make your business more profitable, and keep everything running smoothly.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Brides by Demetrios full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brides were sometimes fun to work with, if you enjoyed your employees that could be fun as well

Cons

Unorganized from day one, had to lie to brides all the time, was at a location that closed all of a sudden and could not tell brides we were closing and were told to still take orders, cold calling the same list of brides weekly

Advice to Management

Corporate needs help