Brides by Demetrios - RESEARCH BEFORE APPLYING | Glassdoor

"RESEARCH BEFORE APPLYING"

Current Employee - Bridal Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Bridal Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

* Receive comm. from EVERY sale
* Easy job
* Good hours 40 every week

Cons

* TOOOOOO much down time
* No health care
* No 401k plan
* Benefits SUCKS ASS

Advice to Management

Follow your own advice!!! Don't tell us NOT to do something and go behind our back and do the EXACT same thing that you were complaining not to do. Your the leader so be one!!!! STOP discounting merchandise for unnesscessary reasons we need the full payment from these brides we are NOT a discount retailer.

Other Employee Reviews for Brides by Demetrios

1. "Never again"

I worked at Brides by Demetrios full-time (More than a year)

Pros

easy money. The brides most of the time

Cons

The corporate, the managers, the standards

Advice to Management

Don't screw over your brides by giving out floor samples when they purchase a new one and are led to believe they are new

2. "Poor Work Ethics"

I worked at Brides by Demetrios full-time

Pros

Working with the brides and bridal parties. The salon was beautifully set up compared to what other salons looked like. The medical benefit coverage wasn't as bad.

Cons

The manager is a control freak and micro manages the salon. She was very unprofessional and meddled into employees personal business. Management also provoked situations with brides in return brides did not want to deal with her or conduct business when she was present in salon and in leu of that brides complained on bridal websites such as theknot. Caused physical harm onto me as a consultant and has shouted at fellow colleagues like they were children in school. I am relieved that I do not work for this company because this was a life changing work experience and not for the better. The only thing I learned was to not allow a manager throw their weight around all because of their title. When a colleague quit suddenly and obviously was foul play with the reasons of her exiting the company hr from corporate visited salon and playfully shrugged off the situation. No one was safe to say what was wrong with the salon because they felt threatened by the manager. A horrible way of handling employee issues. Also products did not arrive on time because company does not pay bills on time. Had to lie about the wedding dates to get dresses on time.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees in the salons and don't sarcastically brush off concerns. Change the way you conduct business and fire managers who do not deliver great customer service. It reflects on the business and sales. Get the product delivered on time. Ultimately look from within and don't just give a pat on the back for people who abuse their power.