Bridgepoint Education - After Growing Pains, this company is finally "getting it" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bridgepoint Education

"After Growing Pains, this company is finally "getting it""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay, good benefits, opportunities for professional development and growth, community partnerships. This company does a great deal of community service projects as well as outreach to the San Diego community. Outside of the admissions department, there is a great sense of job satisfaction, and safety. OUside of Admissions you will find a very professional atmosphere, and an emphasis on developing talents and leadership. Very supportive of the military community.

Cons

a lot of turnover, constant change. The Admissions floors are a place that can be very tough. Management puts a lot of pressure on employees and lower management to perform. I have seen people with Masters degrees completely not satissfied, nor appreciated for their value. I can say that the culture is changing though. The company is moving away from overly-aggressive sales tactics. Now they're just aggressive. The company doesn't do an adequate job of addressing parking problems.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to develop a culture in the Admissions dept. that can support every employee. Everyone should feel proud to have this company on their resume, or facebook page. Continue to be involved in the community, and making the reputation of the brand a strong one. Make exceptions for students if you have to, especially if it means they won't feel ripped off.

Other Employee Reviews for Bridgepoint Education

"Pushing Ethics"

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in San Diego, CA

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-wokers were mostly fun, there is a certain level of professional development here though it plateaus quickly.

Cons

This company is under constant pressure now from the Congress to change its practices, and is being investigated by the department of justice. They essentially lied to me about the job I would be doing when I signed up. They have no idea what they're doing now. This place is a dead end.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your ENTIRE executive team and start over. Terrible.

2. "Meh"

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in San Diego, CA

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, decent wage for the area, San Diego has a higher cost of living. Very liberal LOA policy.

Cons

"Managers" came from the ranks of "salespeople" on the floor. Many had poor management skills if any at all. I was embarrassed to tell people I worked for Ashford University, since it has such a bad reputation, always said I worked for Bridgepoint Education.