Bridgepoint Education - The people are not the problem, the system is. Good people, broken system. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bridgepoint Education

"The people are not the problem, the system is. Good people, broken system."

Current Employee - Legal
Current Employee - Legal

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I know I would love my co-workers if I spent time with them outside of work. However, the system makes me dislike some of them because of what they are asked to do, not who they are. The pay is decent, manageable. I love being an exempt employee, I probably would not work here is I was asked to not be.

Cons

Since I have the job I do, I see all of the wrongs the university does as a whole, from a student's perspective. The system is definitely more valuable than the employee. I wish I would have worked here before it became a "public" company.

Advice to Management

Get new management. I cannot stand it when the system is put before the employee, not a recipe for success.

Other Employee Reviews for Bridgepoint Education

"A place of potential noble work falls greatly short on many levels"

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent/competitive pay, nice building, clean bathrooms, nice cafeteria, supportive environment to foster education related goals, some very smart people, a few fair leaders with integrity

Cons

Where do you start? Ironically, being qualified, focused, or educated does not lead to success or career growth opportunities here. Its about playing the game here. This political place lacks focus from 'leaders' & transparency (& its getting worse), applies dysfunctional processes (even after $$$ spent on expert product development consulting to shake up the org. with agile processes), is governed by arrogant/short-sited management, w/ visions of improvement through constant changes/re-orgs. But the end result is high turn-over, demoralized staff, and uninspiring 'innovation'. Skills available not utilized, new titles/roles fail to reflect true expertise, and many feel insulted/invisible/under-valued.

Advice to Management

They don't listen, but in the rare chance they do here it is: Management - If you really care about the future of education with the intent to be a leader in this field of innovation for educational technology & if you care about your employees developing solutions for you, then take an honest look at what processes/innovation-approaches are really being implemented & how. Don't assume new leadership is driving things for the better. Don't assume they are really the voice of those hired to innovate. Reach out to the talent that lacks a voice. Your turn-over is high. You are pushing out those who deserve to be respected & appreciated. Employees are frustrated. Your choices are leading to poor outcomes & low morale. You are missing an opportunity to make a difference. You have staff that cares about doing the right thing, but feels undervalued & deeply demoralized.

2. "Great Co-workers"

I have been working at Bridgepoint Education full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, great fringe benefits

Cons

A lot of stress meeting numbers

Advice to Management

Development Team needs to...develop employees in their position