Bridgewater Associates - Fruitful experience at Bridgewater | Glassdoor

"Fruitful experience at Bridgewater"

Former Employee - Investment Associate in Westport, CT

I worked at Bridgewater Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unique management style: could be very efficient if it is done right

Cons

Too much bureaucracy, there need to be a "sync" for pretty much everything. There is no certainty, everything is subject to discussion and what makes sense. Could be more open-minded about new technology and don't just cherry pick LTCM as an excuse of why quant methods would always fail.

Advice to Management

Build more explicit clear guideline and more open-minded about new technologies.

Bridgewater Associates2019-09-12

"Incredible place!"

Former Employee - Business Operations Associate in Westport, CT

I worked at Bridgewater Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Truly an amazing place to work, grow and evolve as a person, and develop meaningful relationships. Co-workers become family and are so invested in helping you become the best version of yourself.

Cons

The commute from NYC is not ideal (but still worth the drive for the experience!) but my group had relaxed WFH policies and some groups are opening up spaces in NYC to work from.

Bridgewater Associates2019-04-30
  2. "You have to go all in"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Westport, CT

I worked at Bridgewater Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best salary, benefits, 401 K, great lunch and snacks etc. The company truly cares about its employees. Meaningful and impactful friendships and relationships. Ability to move around to different roles once you're in the door if you've proven yourself a great fit and you have added value and met or exceeded expectations in your current role.

Cons

The stress , turnover, constant change of personnel and strategy is real. Depends on how you are wired and how you manage your own health and stress . My recommendation is you UP your tools in that regard once you start working there. It's unlike anywhere you've ever worked, no matter what you might be telling yourself.

Advice to Management

Make it easier for your internal, already vetted and proven employees to find other roles within the company. Make certain departments able to have remote workers. Not all of us want to live in CT or do that commute, but we would love to still work for BW.

Bridgewater Associates2019-12-10

Discover more reviews about Bridgewater Associates.