Brigham Young University (BYU) - I am fortunate to work with great students and teach subjects that I really love. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brigham Young University (BYU)

"I am fortunate to work with great students and teach subjects that I really love."

Current Employee - Professor in Provo, UT
Current Employee - Professor in Provo, UT

I have been working at Brigham Young University (BYU) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very bright students, great physical facilities and computers, supportive colleagues, fairly good technical support, freedom to develop course content, encouragement toward personal and professional growth

Cons

Capricious departmental leadership, over emphasis on student evaluations, some stifling of dissent, hypocritical "support" for teaching but true evaluation based on scholarship,

Advice to Management

Be more careful to ensure that department chairs receive training on how to administer an academic department, based more on consensus than on top-down fiat.

Other Employee Reviews for Brigham Young University (BYU)

1. "Great opportunity to work while in school in the program your interested in."

Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in Provo, UT

I have been working at Brigham Young University (BYU) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility with school schedule. Lots of social interaction with students with in your program and from others. Learn behind the scenes of how things work.

Cons

Some days can be real boring. Working more then 20 hours during the fall/winter semester is very difficult to even get or convince anyone to get. Wish could be allowed more hours.

Advice to Management

Allow students to work more in fall/winter semesters.

2. "One of the most enjoyable jobs I have held."

Current Employee - Economics Tutor in Rexburg, ID
    Current Employee - Economics Tutor in Rexburg, ID

I have been working at Brigham Young University (BYU) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible with weekly hours. My supervisors and coworkers are great to work with and I feel like my job is very fulfilling.

Cons

Sometimes the amount of papers you have to grade piles up, but you can opt out of grading papers if you want to. Honestly there are very few downsides.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!