Brigham Young University (BYU) - This is a wonderful place to work with immaculate grounds, nice buildings, beautiful people, and an uplifting atmosphere | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brigham Young University (BYU)

"This is a wonderful place to work with immaculate grounds, nice buildings, beautiful people, and an uplifting atmosphere"

Current Employee - Administrator in Provo, UT
Current Employee - Administrator in Provo, UT

I have been working at Brigham Young University (BYU) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Clean campus, gentle and gracious people, excellent working conditions (in OIT, anyway), and interesting work. The goal of the university - to educate students to go into the world and make it a better place - is supportable and admirable.

Cons

Salaries are typically VERY low and employees are expected to consecrate their time and talents to the job with minimal recompense financially. Responsibilities are typically much higher than like positions in industry. For example, I was first hired as a staff employee at half of what industry was paying for a project manager. I was responsible for several million dollars in projects (amounting to nearly twenty active projects). It was crazy. I left to work in industry where I tripled my salary and had my workload reduced to one project that was easily manageable. Then I returned to BYU years later and, because I'd progressed in industry, was hired back as an administrator at 2/3rds of my then current salary but at twice what I was making as a staff employee. You won't get rich working for BYU but it's very secure employment.

Other Employee Reviews for Brigham Young University (BYU)

1. "Good first web design job"

Former Employee - Web Designer in Rexburg, ID
    Former Employee - Web Designer in Rexburg, ID

I worked at Brigham Young University (BYU) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

BYUI worked around me school schedule and let me learn as I was working. It was a students position and they were very helpful whenever I needed any help.

Cons

There really aren't any. I loved this job!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! working at BYUI was a great experience and gave the me the experience to go after larger web design jobs.

2. "Supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Rexburg, ID
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Rexburg, ID

I worked at Brigham Young University (BYU) part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

working with very good people

Cons

sometimes had to work late nights depending on the class schedule

Advice to Management

it is really good place to lear leadership and responsivility