Bright Horizons Family Solutions - It's a great company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

"It's a great company to work for"

Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was a director for two of their centers and they are the best company to work for in comparison! They are way ahead of their competitors, they care deeply for their employees, and they have standards and expectations that the follow and live by. They have a very positive reputation and influence in the community. The support of leaders and departments were so wonderful.

Cons

There was always so many new initiatives that put too many demands on the director. The job itself was difficult to manage a work life balance.it was up to the director to do everything including training which again is hard to do when you have to juggle the business, marketing, recruitment, facilities, employees, food, etc.

Advice to Management

Allowing a center to have a full management team that included an AD, office clerk, and an Education coordinator.

Other Employee Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

"Don't believe they are of one the top 100 companies to work for, it's a joke!"

Current Employee - Teacher in Glastonbury, CT
    Current Employee - Teacher in Glastonbury, CT

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Offer benefits even if they are not enough, reimburse you to get your CDA, nice amount of vacation time, good insurance although expensive for a family, nice families, fun co-workers.....the kids is why I still work there.

Cons

low pay for the work you have to do daily...., email parents what we did , fill out What in the World forms daily, cleaning, weekly lesson plans, TSG (on line child assessment) for every child and I have no co teacher as I work in my room alone. Low raise...around 2% annually (if we are lucky) for everyone, no matter their performance. So if someone exceeds, they still get the same bonus as the person who needs to do a better job. That is not fair. They do not like it when you cal out sick, usually get an attitude...even if you got sick from the kids in your room that they do not make stay home when they are sick. Not enough sick time given, only 4-5 days a year. No communication, has always been a problem.

Advice to Management

Better pay for all the work we do! Better discount on teacher child care tuition (Kinder care gives 50% the first year, 60% the second year and then 70% after 3 years!). Listen to employees concerns on the yearly survey. Need more sick time. 1 week is not enough when you work in child care. Let the teachers have input on the Director, Assistant Director, Education coordinator and Lead Teacher yearly reviews! we really know what they are doing or should I say not doing!

"Very caring and professional childcare."

Former Employee - Child Care Teacher in Iowa City, IA
    Former Employee - Child Care Teacher in Iowa City, IA

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You make great connections with other co-workers, everyone is easy to get along with, there are some decent shift times if available, and the children are great to work with.

Cons

The pay is very low for what you are doing with the childcare, the business is not accommodating to personal matters (you must find a sub and if you don't you have to work), it is very hard to find someone to cover shifts due to the lack of workers, and more shifts need to be available to work around personal schedules.

Advice to Management

Management needs to raise the pay rate (this is half the reason why they don't have enough workers, they need to hire more teachers, and they need to make more shift times available.