Bright Horizons Family Solutions - A very bright and caring place, probably the best center I will ever work at. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

"A very bright and caring place, probably the best center I will ever work at."

Current Employee - Preschool Teacher in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Preschool Teacher in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This center was one of the top centers in the company. Because most Bright Horizons are corporately funded, they are very nice and the children don't lack for anything. Very well maintained space and well paid staff. We are more highly compensated than most child care teachers.

Cons

Corporate owners put a lot of pressure on the center directors and the bottom dollar. Corporations don't know what is best for the kids.

Advice to Management

Have a liaison that can educate/communicate with the corporate owners that hire Bright Horizons to come to their sights on what is best for children.

Other Employee Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

1. "My experience was good."

Former Employee - Resource Teacher in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Resource Teacher in Dallas, TX

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have great benefits, equality for growth within the company and give you the opportunity to learn first hand on everything.

Cons

Some of the middle management is one sided, poor communication with employees and directors Some directors have poor people skills

Advice to Management

Make sure to hear and do something about the complains of employees.

"Great until..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked at Bright Horizons for over 10 years and it was great in the beginning, all the "pros" have disappeared.

Cons

There's much expected of you and if you do it too well the management feels threatened (parent praises are turned around to the benefit of management, never to teachers who give their all). Parent comments are hidden away if they're good. Comments that can help you grow are thrown at you but no solutions are given. If you stay to long (i.e make too much $) Directors, Regional Managers and above work to get you out so they can hire someone for less. It's all about the bottom line now not the children, families or clients.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with your employees, clients and families. There are so many levels of management and issues are just passed back down. Sorry to fill you in that your Regional Managers and Division Heads just report what they want you to hear, but I'm sure deep down you already know this but continue to turn a blind eye. Look at some centers turnover - 50% of long term staff (5 years plus) gone in a year??? If you are getting exiting interviews? Check one or two... I know at my old center none were offered. Same with parent questionaires, we had a large number of parents leave in a month and not one was contacted or given any option to give feedback or reason for leaving. If you are getting them they are being done by center and middle management. Also please check into what diversity actually means, you seem to have one clearcut (wrong) definition.