Bright Horizons Family Solutions - I love Bright Horizons! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

"I love Bright Horizons!"

Current Employee - Primary Teacher
Current Employee - Primary Teacher

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Caring and understand staff for not only employees but families and children, great benefits, fun environment.

Cons

Paper work is a little bit much, but its not unbearable.

Advice to Management

Discussing with office staff about working more closely with the employees and following through.

Other Employee Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing career growth opportunities, great benefits!

Cons

May have to commute depending on where you live.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Exhausting, But Sometimes Worth It"

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a few amazing teachers who are still passionate about their jobs and can still make it exciting, The smiles on the children's faces and their laughter, and some of the families, locations all over the world for transfer opportunities

Cons

Disorganization & Miscommunication:
    There are so many rules floating around this place it's impossible to keep up with them all! There are many directors, education coordinators, and teachers, and ALL of them have their own ways and opinions of doing things. There are specific rules for each class/age group but you'd never know most of them until you break one, because they are not taught in training. There needs to be some sort of Bright Horizons "Bible", so staff can access these "rules" and licensing guidelines at all times. I've been told too many times "That's not how we do it here. And the famous "Have you worked with kids before"? All because I did something not necessarily the wrong way, just contrary to the Bright Horizons way. Too much kissing up to and walking on eggshells with the parents. Tell them the truth the 1st time so you don't have to bend your staff backwards trying to accommodate petty requests. This is how burn out begins. Throw in all the paperwork and NAEYC requirements and it's no need to wonder why there's such high turnover here.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. Invest more in your Substitute teachers, because they are also the future of your organization. They change diapers, clean, and are present just like your teachers (some are actually better than the teachers). Encourage the parents to respect and acknowledge them too.
    Quality vs. Quantity: Just because you can shove 20 kids in a room with 3 teachers, or 12 -13 infants in a room with 4-5 teachers doesn't mean you should. Quality does get lost fast when you're trying to give breaks, bottles, art projects, and outside play and your lead teacher is pulled out of class for yet another meeting and no one is sent to take her place. I know money is the hidden factor here, but sometimes you really have to make that tough call: will this really benefit the kids or my wallet?