Bright Horizons Family Solutions - Great company, but child care employees are never paid what they should be! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

"Great company, but child care employees are never paid what they should be!"

Current Employee - Preschool Teacher
Current Employee - Preschool Teacher

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time

Pros

Big company, always have job security as long as people still are having kids- HA!

Cons

Being in a room all day, can sometimes feel like being a caged animal in a zoo. Calling for someone to come and give you a restroom break - annoying

Nov 15, 2013 – Human Resources

We hear you! Being a teacher for Bright Horizons is hard, but incredibly meaningful work. We appreciate all you do for making Bright Horizons a wonderful place for our children and families.

Other Employee Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

"Excellent Company"

Pros

Supportive, caring environment. The company does a great job in the area of corporate responsibility.

Cons

Very low wages. Pay is well below what the market suggests it should be.

Advice to Management

Pay your people what they're worth - or at least market value!! Attracting great talent is only half the battle - you have to keep them!

Nov 15, 2013 – Human Resources

Thank you for the great review! We are continuously analyzing compensation and benefits to ensure we are providing the very best to our employees. We appreciate your feedback!

"Lead teacher at Bright Horizons Montessori school"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only real pros to this company are the Bright Bargains deals online and the ease of on-boarding (since it's a large corporation). There are an abundance of positions with Bright Horizons in many cities.

Cons

The pay was disappointing. The director/head of school and I were the only salaried employees in the school, because of my level of experience and education. The school was always trying to save money, so employees were often cut earlier than their shift and classrooms were combined. None of us felt valued and I was the only teacher with a certified Montessori credential....in a Montessori school (6 classrooms). Teacher turnover was high and family/student turnover was also high. Many parents saw how poorly the school was run and how mistreated and unhappy the employees were. Bright Horizons takes "diversity" to the extreme opposite of what it should be: rather than teaching about different cultures, religions, values, NO culture is celebrated. We could not have Halloween parties (imagine the parents' disappointment!), but only a Harvest Fest. We couldn't celebrate or discuss Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, etc. We had young students (ages 2-6), which is a perfect age to talk about and celebrate what makes people different.

Jan 7, 2014 – Human Resources

Thanks very much for taking time to submit this review. We are very proud of our culture, in how we value and celebrate our employees, and how we honor diversity in our workplace. Your concerns are ... More