Bright Horizons Family Solutions - Great company, but child care employees are never paid what they should be! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

"Great company, but child care employees are never paid what they should be!"

Current Employee - Preschool Teacher
Current Employee - Preschool Teacher

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time

Pros

Big company, always have job security as long as people still are having kids- HA!

Cons

Being in a room all day, can sometimes feel like being a caged animal in a zoo. Calling for someone to come and give you a restroom break - annoying

Nov 15, 2013 – Human Resources

We hear you! Being a teacher for Bright Horizons is hard, but incredibly meaningful work. We appreciate all you do for making Bright Horizons a wonderful place for our children and families.

Other Employee Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

"Underpaid and Voiceless Employee"

Former Employee - Teacher in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Teacher in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job security: 2-worker families=daycare job positions

Cons

Poor leadership. No voice for employees. What the poor leadership says, goes. The teachers are very underpaid. Insurance benefits are offered but expensive. Hard to get time off for vacation, doctor appointments, etc. No work/personal life balance for us! I had great hopes for my career at BH, no thanks. There are other jobs out there where you can be appreciated for all the hard work and commitment.

Advice to Management

Be open to suggestions and change, when warranted. Lets be a little fair here, Dave Lissy. I'm sure YOU get paid a handsome salary with great benefits. How about reviewing your centers. Provide a better life for the ones that make your clients lives better. I can't support my child on what you are paying your employees. The economy is recovering. Lets get with the times.

Nov 15, 2013 – Human Resources

We appreciate you taking time to leave your comments. We're sorry your experience was not a positive one. Our goal is to make Bright Horizons feel like family to our employees. Our compensation and... More

"Excellent Company"

Pros

Supportive, caring environment. The company does a great job in the area of corporate responsibility.

Cons

Very low wages. Pay is well below what the market suggests it should be.

Advice to Management

Pay your people what they're worth - or at least market value!! Attracting great talent is only half the battle - you have to keep them!

Nov 15, 2013 – Human Resources

Thank you for the great review! We are continuously analyzing compensation and benefits to ensure we are providing the very best to our employees. We appreciate your feedback!