Bright Horizons Family Solutions - Working together with each other | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

"Working together with each other"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very open honest environment that is enjoyable

Cons

A bit too tight with money sometimes

Advice to Management

Keep smiling! Keep smiling! Keep Smiling!

Other Employee Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

"Work here if you don't have to pay bills..."

Current Employee - Associate Teacher in Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate Teacher in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time

Pros

You create great relationships with the children and families. Seeing the children smile and laugh always made my day.

Cons

Underpaid for everything they expect from you. You have to call the directors to cover you when you need to go to the bathroom. Sometimes they will forget or they will get annoyed with their employees for the bathroom breaks. Hey people need to go to the bathroom! Inequality in the sense that the lead teachers don't do anything and leave all the work on the other teachers. The lead teacher will not do any of the work and spent her time outside the classroom talking to the directors. The directors didn't even say anything to her!

Advice to Management

Treat every employee the same and have the same expectations. Just because you are a lead teacher does not mean that you get to not work and do nothing. Pay your employees more. I could barely pay my bills and I didn't pay for rent or groceries. $1,400 on a good month is not good enough.

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Response

Jul 14, 2014 – Human Resources

We appreciate you sharing your concerns. At Bright Horizons we are committed to maintaining the highest standards of care while ensuring a supportive work environment for our employees. We are sorry ... More

"Would give negative stars if I could"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The occasional free food was nice.

Cons

Temped here for ~6 months before being offered a permanent part-time job. During that time I dealt with repeated harassment from both employees and from offshore telemarketers. My department offered NO support and rarely came out to speak with me until my final day there. Coworkers in my department were gossipy and catty about others who worked for the company. Middle management were used to being waited on hand and foot and would be disrespectful, aggressive and outright rude to those deemed lower than them.

Advice to Management

Take seriously the complaints from employees who complain about being harassed. Don't foster a company culture in which some VPs are more equal than others.

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Response

Jul 14, 2014 – Human Resources

We appreciate you taking time to leave your comments. We're sorry your experience was not a positive one. If you would like to share more about your concerns, we'd like to hear about them and can be ... More