Bright Horizons Family Solutions - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher
Former Employee - Preschool Teacher

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are a great company to work for. They have fabulous benefits and promotion opportunities.

Cons

They could work on their teaching philosophy, and supporting staff when there is a problem.

Advice to Management

Make sure your teachers aren't getting burnt out fast.

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Response

Jul 14, 2014 – Human Resources

We appreciate your thoughtful feedback and are pleased to hear you have had a positive experience with Bright Horizons. We know that our people are our most important asset, and continuously analyze... More

Other Employee Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

1. "3rd Times a Charm"

Current Employee - Executive Director
    Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Bright Horizons Family Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dedicated to growing the level of customer service for not only the families and clients, but their employees. The opportunities for continued professional development are abundant. They are cutting edge in the early childhood field. True professionals.

Cons

Executive leadership and upper management should reflect your center leadership community. Diversity is virtually non existent.

Advice to Management

Rethink your bonus plan and compensation package for directors and process for dealing with low performers. I love working here and look forward to being a part of game changing moments in early childhood with this company.

"Favortism, always focused on negative"

Former Employee - Associate Teacher in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Teacher in New York, NY

I worked at Bright Horizons Family Solutions part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best part of this job was the children.

Cons

Was with Bright Horizons for many years only received 2 annuals. Management played favorites and if you aren't a favorite you were reprimanded over everything you do. I started out as an associate teacher but hours decreased as new staff was hired so new teachers got more hours then the older teachers. They made promises that were never fulfilled and we were in the wrong for it. No time for paperwork and paid very little even with a college degree.

Advice to Management

Listen to the teachers not just directors and show more respect to the teachers who work for you.

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Response

Jul 14, 2014 – Human Resources

We appreciate you taking time to leave your comments. We're sorry your experience was not a positive one. Our goal is to make Bright Horizons feel like family to our employees. Our compensation and... More